Mid-Ohio Valley vaccination clinics change schedules
CHARLESTON — Changes were made to the schedule of COVID-19 vaccination clinics around the state and in the region, according to the latest schedule Wednesday evening from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
A clinic at West Virginia University at Parkersburg for today was canceled early this morning because of the weather, according to the Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department.
Among other cancellations:
* Clinics for today and Friday have been canceled in Doddridge County at the Doddridge County High School Technical Center.
* A clinic in Calhoun County today was canceled at the Calhoun County Middle School-High School.
* A clinic in Pleasants County scheduled for today was rescheduled to 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at the Pleasants County Library in St. Marys.
* A clinic in Ritchie County scheduled for today was rescheduled to 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at the Ritchie County 4-H Camp.
* A clinic will be held 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday at the WVU Medicine Camden Clark Medical Center.
All clinics are by appointment only with scheduling based on existing waiting lists. Individuals will be notified if they are selected to receive a vaccine and walk-ins will not be accepted.
Residents can pre-register for a vaccine on the West Virginia COVID-19 Vaccine Registration System at vaccinate.wv.gov.
State officials recommend checking the schedules because of inclement weather this week. A clinic originally scheduled in Wood County on Monday was rescheduled with the same times to Feb. 22 at the Early Childhood Learning Center at West Virginia University at Parkersburg.
The local clinic schedule as of Wednesday afternoon was:
* Today: Jackson County, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Jackson County Armory, 8832 Pt. Pleasant Road, Millwood.
* Friday: Gilmer County, 9 a.m. to noon, Sue Morris Sports Complex, 1294 U.S. Highway 33E, Glenville; Pleasants County, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pleasants County Library, 101 Lafayette St., St. Marys; Ritchie County, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Ritchie County 4-H Camp, Harrisville; Roane County, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., City of Spencer Armory, 204 East Main St., Spencer; Wetzel and Tyler counties, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wetzel-Tyler Health Department, 425 S. Fourth Ave., Paden City; Wood County, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., WVU Medicine Camden Clark Medical Center, Medical Office Building B, 705 Garfield Ave.