Fire destroys Fleming home
FLEMING — A fire consumed the home of Karen and Randall Henthorn in Fleming Tuesday afternoon.
The home, located at 1149 Fisher Ridge Road, was a complete loss, according to Karen Henthorn.
“It went fast, it wasn’t even 10 minutes and our house was completely engulfed,” she said. “My kids are fine and no one was hurt, but not so much for the house we raised them in.”
Washington County Sheriff Larry Mincks said four local fire departments responded to the fire with Barlow’s volunteer department taking the lead. Fire Chief Greg Fisher could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
“We think it was the dryer,” said Henthorn. “I had just put something in the dryer before walking out.”
Henthorn said her family will be staying with her son for the foreseeable future.