Wood Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were heard Aug. 18-19 before Wood County Circuit Judge Robert Waters:
* Tiffany Renay Davis, 31, Mt. Zion, pleaded guilty to an information charging her with possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, in a state correctional facility. Sentencing was scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Oct. 14.
* Taylor Cheyenne Starcher, 19, Parkersburg, entered an Alford plea to an information charging her with conspiracy to commit grand larceny. In an Alford plea, the defendant does not admit guilt, but acknowledges there is likely enough evidence to convict. Sentencing was scheduled for 10 a.m. Oct. 19.
* A fugitive from justice warrant was dismissed against Dennis L. Huffman, 55, in custody at the regional jail, because he was not wanted in Ohio, but being supervised there for charges from West Virginia. Huffman has been on supervised release since May 2013 after serving time for a charge of possession of materials depicting minors in sexually explicit conduct. A preliminary hearing on a petition to revoke his supervised release is scheduled for Sept. 8 in Wood County Magistrate Court.
PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Circuit Court heard the following cases Aug. 24-28:
Judge J.D. Beane’s cases:
* Steve Lewis Naylor, 58, in custody, pleaded not guilty to charges of sexual abuse by a parent and incest. The criminal complaint stated Naylor sexually assaulted a 5-year-old female family member which was witnessed by another 6-year-old family member. The victim said Naylor engaged in sexual acts with her, according to the complaint.
* Scott Andrew Bland, 35, in custody, admitted to allegations of malicious wounding and was placed on home confinement. According to the criminal complaint, Bland used a knife to stab the victim during a physical altercation which caused the victim to seek medical attention to the injury sustained on his face.
* Michael Drake Dotson, 19, in custody, has a final hearing scheduled for Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. regarding charges of child neglect resulting in serious bodily injury and child neglect creating the risk of seriously bodily injury or death.
* Dillon Matthew Campell, 22, in custody, had a preliminary hearing waived for a charge of attempt to commit a felony and a final hearing was scheduled for Sept. 24 at 10 a.m.
* Isaac Wade Matthews, 19, 48 Thorn St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to robbery in the second degree. He is being charged with robbery and possession of a firearm during commission of a robbery. His sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 9.
* John Brady Studenic, 33, had his bond reduced to $10,000 surety bond with home confinement on an intent to flee charge.
Judge Robert Waters’ cases:
* Diannah Sue Miller, 47, in custody, is a fugitive from justice and had extradition to Athens County waived and no West Virginia charges are pending.
* Justin Deems, 40, in custody, pleaded guilty to breaking and entering and attempted breaking and entering. His sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2:25 p.m.
* Joshua Crane, 33, 420 West Main St., Harrisville, last known address, pleaded not guilty to fleeing and was at his home on bond in Idaho recovering from an accident and appeared via Skype. His trial is scheduled for Dec. 1.