PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on April 9:
• A deputy responded to Emerson Avenue for a vehicle accident. The deputy observed the vehicle to have minor damage to the front driver side bumper and the driver stated he was traveling north on Emerson Avenue when he struck a deer.
• A deputy responded to Par Metta Circle for a vehicle hitting a house. The driver stated she had set the emergency brake on the vehicle as well as left the vehicle with manual transmission in first gear. The vehicle coasted backward down the driveway striking a house. The house sustained minor damage on the exterior however the interior wall was intruded upon including at least one wall stud inside the residence. The vehicle was pulled off the house and out of the yard without further damage to the house.
• Marvin Duane Griffith, 73, Cornwallis Road, Cairo, was issued a citation for speeding in a school zone, 30 mph in a 15 mph zone.
• A citation was issued to Zachary Charles Powell, 36, of Marie Street, for driving on suspended/revoked with a warning on proof of insurance and registration as the motorcycle he was riding belonged to a friend.
• Deputies responded to Mineral Manor Way for a domestic disturbance. The male stated he and his girlfriend were in an argument and she left with a friend and their child.
• Deputies responded to Emerson Avenue at the Mini Giant for a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot with loud music coming from the vehicle. Upon contact with the female inside the vehicle stated she just needed some time to clear her head. The deputy observed, in plain view inside the vehicle, a green leafy substance consistent with marijuana and upon a further search located a small clear plastic bag containing a white crystal like substance consistent with methamphetamine. A citation was issued to Chelsea Marie Knapp, 28, of Carpenters Run Road, for possession of controlled substance (methamphetamine and marijuana).
• Deputies responded to the area of Robert Byrd Highway and East Dry Run Road for a vehicle accident. The vehicle was located facing east off of the eastbound side of U.S. 50 on its top with a male subject sitting on the ground. The driver stated he was the only occupant and he was traveling west and struck the rumble strip and attempted to regain control, but failing to do so and entered the median causing the vehicle to flip over and slide on its top across oncoming the east lanes of travel. The driver stated he had shoulder pain however refused treatment with EMS.
• David Eugene Parsons, 54, of California Ridge Road, Belleville, was arrested on a warrant for assault. He was processed and placed at the Holding Center pending his arraignment.
• Hilaree Beth Schaffer, 37, of Duckworth Lane, was arrested on warrants for cruelty to animals and conspiracy. She was given a personal recognizance bond on the cruelty to animals and a $10,000 surety bond for the conspiracy charge.
• A deputy responded to the area of Lubeck Road and W.Va. 68 for a two-vehicle accident. A citation was issued to Paul Anthony Williams, 44, of Summers Road, for driving on suspended/revoked and no insurance. No accident report will be taken as very minor damage to either vehicle.
• Deputies responded to Davisville Road for a domestic in progress between a father and son. Nothing physical occurred and the father left to file a DVPO; the son was served with a continuance of a DVPO which was issued by Family Court filed by the mother.
• A citation was issued to Erik Douglas Reeder, 39, of Hamilton Place, Charleston, for speeding, 64 in a 50 mph construction zone.
• Craig Jacob Ullman, 26, of Washington Avenue, Belpre, was arrested on a warrant issued through the West Virginia Natural Resources Police for charges of additional powers (regulatory violations) after he had failed to appear on a citation issued in 2018.
• Deputies responded to Dry Run Road for a warrant service. Spring Thorn, 51, of Dry Run Road, was arrested on the warrant for trespassing. She was transported to the holding center for processing then arraigned before a magistrate where a PR bond was set at $500 and she was released.
• Deputies responded to the Red Roof Inn for a female juvenile who had been entered into NCIC as a runaway by the Parkersburg Police Department. Contact was made with a female who stated the female juvenile was her daughter and was inside, the juvenile was transported to Parkersburg Police Department and released to an officer. The mother, Sabrina Dawn Seevers, 41, of 12th Avenue, was arrested on charges of fugitive from justice as she was wanted out of Washington County with full extradition and charges of conspiracy to commit a felony.
• A deputy responded to Pike Street for a single-vehicle roll over. The driver reported he was traveling westbound on Pike Street and approached a turn in the area where he had sped up to make the turn and in doing so lost control of the truck as it then crossed the eastbound lane going up the embankment and then rolled onto the passenger side. No injuries reported and medical treatment was declined.
• The office answered 163 calls: 15 traffic stops; 29 complaints by phone and in person; six domestic calls and domestic protective orders served; 10 suspicious persons and vehicles; three check area, subject, welfare; 13 disorderly subject, motorist; five accidents; two larcenies; seven mental hygiene order/pick up /transport; four intrusion alarms; two warrant service.