Agencies seek funds from Vienna City Council
VIENNA — Thirteen outside agencies presented Vienna City Council with their funding requests, a recap of 2019 and an update on what 2020 would hold for the organizations at Thursday’s meeting.
Those agencies were:
* Vienna Library receives mandated funding that is calculated from assessed property values. Last fiscal year the library received $342,086.
* River City Runners Club requested $1,000.
* Wood County Development Authority requested $5,000.
* The Mid-Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce requested $3,000.
* Kids First Program requested $3,500.
* Humane Society of Parkersburg requested $31,132.
* Artsbridge requested $2,000.
* MOV Health Department requested $4,800.
* Latrobe Street Mission requested $2,500.
* Wood County Senior Citizens requested $4,300.
* MOV Work Camp requested $3,000.
* MOV Regional Council receives mandated funding. Last fiscal year it received $4,115.
* Wood-Washington-Wirt Interstate Planning Commission receives mandated funding. Last fiscal year it received $4,005.
“Each of you go above and beyond to reach everyone in need and it is appreciated,” said Council member Jim Leach.
Two agencies, the Greater Parkersburg Visitors and Convention Bureau and the MOV Fellowship Home, were unable to attend and will present at a later date.
During council comments, Council member Roger Conley pointed out that the budget as it stands is not balanced.
Mayor Randy Rapp said council will continue to go over the budget and make adjustments through March so it is balanced.
Madeline Scarborough can be reached at email@example.com