Highmark Foundation taking applications for school program
PARKERSBURG– Highmark Foundation is accepting applications for its 2022-2023 School Grant and Awards Program.
The awards program will make available $550,000 for school grades K-12 in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
The goal of the program is to create healthier school environments that experience positive, sustainable, and lasting change through comprehensive strategies.
“The Highmark Foundation recognizes that schools are powerful places to shape the health, safety, education, and wellbeing of children. As a result, we created a multi-faceted program to provide schools with resources to create healthier and safer school environments,” Highmark Foundation President Yvonne Cook said. “This program is in alignment with the Highmark Foundation’s mission, goals, and focus that promote the efficacy of early intervention and preventive health programs.”
Public, private, parochial and charter schools and vocational high schools throughout West Virginia and Pennsylvania (excluding Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties) are invited to apply for the three offerings of the Highmark Foundation’s School Grant and Awards Program:
* School Grant Program funding supports evidence-based programs that address the following priority areas: positive school climates, environmental health, healthy eating, and physical activity and school-based health. Schools are eligible for grants up $7,500. All applications must be submitted online by April 1.
* Advancing Excellence in School Nursing Awards recognize the important role school nurses play in adolescent health and wellness. Awardees will be presented this honor, accompanied by $1,500 to be used for professional development or school resources. All applications must be submitted online by April 1.
* Supportive Services Health Grants are part of a strategy to support economically disadvantaged school districts and high-needs schools with financial assistance to meet basic health requests. Schools must meet strict criteria to be eligible.
* Child Health and Wellness Grants up to $1,000 will be awarded to schools to assist with the purchase of items impacting students’ supportive, social, and health needs.
* School Equipment and Supplies Challenge grants will match up to $2,500 for the purchase of specialized equipment or supplies that enable school nurses to better perform their valuable services. Proof of matching funds from other sources must be included in the application.
Celebrating 10 years, the Highmark Foundation’s School Grant and Awards Program has provided more than $3.4 million to help bring about healthy changes in schools in Highmark Foundation’s service region.
The link to the online application is at https://tinyurl.com/5a8z349e.
The Highmark Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private, charitable organization dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and quality of life for individuals and communities throughout the areas served by Highmark Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates.