It's that time of the year to start thinking about your New Year's Resolutions. I'm sure you have several personal resolutions, but I hope you also have a few professional ones too. Selfishly, I'm hoping at least one of your 2013 goals involves the Chamber!
So now's the time to let us know if you or your company would like to:
1. Join one of the five Chamber committees
* Government Relations meets the first Wednesday of each month at 8 a.m.
* Schools & Business meets the first Wednesday of each month at noon
* Chamber Champions meets the second Wednesday of each month at noon
* Public Relations meets the third Wednesday of each month at noon
* Special Events meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at noon
2. Join one of the four Special Events planning subgroups
* Business Expo
* Women in Leadership luncheon
* Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff
* Annual Dinner/Awards Banquet
3. Host a Business After Hours
4. Host a Lunch & Learn
5. Become a Partner in Education
6. Host a Lunch Mob (for restaurant members)
7. Host a Cash Mob (for retail members)
8. Provide a special offer to those that join the Chamber in 2013
9. Provide a reciprocal offer to fellow Chamber members
10. And for those that are not yet members of the Chamber, is this the year for you to get involved with our great group of small and large businesses, not-for-profit organizations, education institutions and government agencies? Look at all the things we have to offer - everything is designed to support our members through one of our four focus areas: Advocacy, Networking, Education and Programming.
Simply take a moment to fill out the on-line survey on our website and let us know which "resolutions" are on your professional list.
We are excited to start 2013 full steam ahead. And more importantly, we are glad you are on our team.
* January Business After Hours at The Nutrition Pit, Tuesday, Jan. 15, from 5-7 p.m. at 206 Lakeview Center, Parkersburg. Register on-line at www.movchamber.org. Jumpstart your personal New Year's Resolutions. Attendees will receive a 30 percent discount on all merchandise purchased during the event, plus a chance to win great door prizes.
* Chamber Public Relations Committee meeting, Wednesday, Jan. 16, from noon-1 p.m. at the Chamber office. Open to all Chamber members who want to review and prepare publicity and communication activities with various Chamber audiences. Bring your lunch. Please RSVP to Jennifer Longwell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to attend.
* January Lunch & Learn with The Arc of the Mid-Ohio Valley, Friday, Jan. 18, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.,WV Central Credit Union, second floor conference room, 809 Division St. Attend this Lunch & Learn to hear more information about The Arc and their programs. Register on-line at www.movchamber.org
* Planet X Laser Tag & Arcade Grand Opening, Monday, Jan. 21, at 3 p.m., Grand Central Mall - Food Court entrance. Open to all Chamber members to celebrate the opening of this new business and welcome as a new Chamber member.
* WVU-P Culinary Arts Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 10 a.m. at 707 Market St. RSVP to Patsy Bee at 304-424-8200.
* Chamber Special Events Committee meeting, Wednesday, Jan. 23, from noon-1 p.m. at the Chamber office. Open to all Chamber members who want to plan and coordinate the Chamber's Special Events. Bring your lunch. Please RSVP to Jennifer Longwell at email@example.com if you are able to attend.
* Nostalgia Open House, Friday, Jan. 25, from 7-9 p.m. at 810 Market St., Parkersburg. Open to all Chamber members to celebrate the opening of this new business and welcome as a new Chamber member! Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 1/2 Market St. in Parkersburg.
Jill Parsons is president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley.