Make the most out of air fryer with new cookbook
Get out that air fryer for more than just reheating pizza and making french fries like me with the new cookbook “The ‘I Love My Air Fryer’ 5-Ingredient Recipe Book” by Robin Fields.
Fields, a food blogger, brings 175 quick and easy recipes that will tempt the whole family’s tastebuds and have less time spent in the kitchen preparing dinner.
There is a section which teaches air fryer cooking basics, and then gets straight to the recipes with Breakfast, Appetizers and Snacks, Side Dishes, Chicken Main Dishes, Beef and Pork Main Dishes, Fish and Seafood Main Dishes, Vegetarian Main Dishes and Desserts.
There’s recipes for Strawberry Pastry, Beef Taco Meatballs, Yeast Rolls, Barbecue Chicken Enchiladas, Cheeseburgers, Potato-Crusted Cod, Twice Baked Broccoli Cheddar Potatoes and Molten Lava Cakes to name a few dishes from the chapters that are quick and easy to prepare.
I made the Pretzel Crusted Chicken for my family one evening with some seasoned pretzels a family member suggested we try. The seasoning on the pretzels worked well with the honey-mustard glaze on the chicken. The chicken cooked well in the air fryer, though I did have to leave it in longer than the recipe said to get to doneness. But it was very moist and delicious and everyone loved it.
Dust off your airfryer and try your hand at Chicken Cordon Bleu with the recipe from the book below.
“The ‘I Love My Air Fryer’ 5-Ingredient Recipe Book” is published by Simon and Schuster.
Contact Amy Phelps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer” 5-Ingredient Recipe Book by Robin Fields. Copyright ç 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
Chicken dinners can sometimes feel monotonous, but this crunchy classic is anything but boring. In 30 minutes, you can make this family favorite with even more crunch than the oven alone can offer. The inside is filled with gooey melted cheese that makes every bite perfect.
Pantry Staples: salt, ground black pepper
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 (2.25-ounce) slices deli Black Forest ham
8 (1-ounce) slices Gruyere cheese
1 large egg, beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375∂F.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Use a mallet to pound to 1/4″ thickness. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of chicken.
3. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
4. In a medium bowl, add egg. In a separate medium bowl, add bread crumbs. Dip each chicken roll into egg, then into bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
5. Spritz rolls with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket. Cook 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, until rolls are golden brown and internal temperature reaches at least 165∂F. Serve warm.
CALORIES: 710 | FAT: 27g | PROTEIN: 81g | SODIUM: 2,250mg | FIBER: 0g | CARBOHYDRATES: 30g | SUGAR: 1g