National Chamber of Commerce Day
Did you know that Wednesday, Oct. 21, is National Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day? Observed annually on the third Wednesday of October, National Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day celebrates the invaluable work being done by chambers of commerce nationwide to strengthen the economy, business community, and local enterprises of all sizes.
In a typical day, your local Chamber of Commerce is here to support area businesses through programming that falls into one of three categories: Connecting, Celebrating or Communicating.
Within minutes of opening the office this morning, I’ve already talked with a fellow chamber member who needed guidance on sourcing some supplies — this is Connecting!
Nicole stopped by a chamber member business this morning and received an update on their expansion project — this is Celebrating!
And instead of me telling you what we do, let me share in the words of our members what we mean to them — this is Communicating!
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the information the Chamber provides and the support given to its members.” — Todd Nestor, Premier Bank
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the information and knowledge about business happening in the area.” — Ammie Rasmussen, Habitat for Humanity
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the opportunity to work with other businesses that are a part of the organization.” — Gene Watkins, RAJCO, LLC
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is building connection within our communities.” — Michelle Barber, Community Resources
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the well-organized networking functions that you can attend.” — Michael Fleak, Premier Bank
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the opportunity to network with experts in a variety of different industry fields.” — Ben Bradley, Habitat for Humanity
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber if the wealth of information for small businesses.” — Gary McIntyre, Humane Society of Parkersburg
* “My favorite benefit of being a member of the MOV Chamber is the support the Chamber gives to its members and the community.” — Claire Berlin, Westbrook Health Services
* “Kudos to both of you. The Harbor Point Grand Reveal video was a very well-produced and informative session. You’re raising the bar!!” — David Howell, WTAP
Thank you to all our members for your kind words and your investment in the MOV Chamber.
Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day has a renewed meaning for us in 2020 as we’ve:
1. modified our programming to comply with State and local guidelines,
2. added new on-line and video communications to still celebrate and have fun with our members, and
3. ramped up our communications to help decipher and maneuver through all the stimulus and aid opportunities afforded to our members, even distributing masks to our members.
How wonderful to have a day in our honor to highlight those activities!
Visit this space every other Saturday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588 or email us at email@example.com. The Chamber office is open by appointment only at this time (501 Avery Street, 9th Floor in Parkersburg.)
Jill Parsons is the president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley