PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s office released the following reports on May 6:
* A deputy responded to the Omelet Shop for a dog left in a vehicle with the windows up. The owner walked out and admitted to leaving the dog in the vehicle while they went inside to eat. A citation was issued to Terri Lynn Burns, 42, of Pike Street for failure to change address on driver license as she has lived in West Virginia for two Years. She also was advised on not leaving her dog in a vehicle.
* A deputy responded to Bull Run Road for an ATV accident. The male was riding the ATV westbound on Bull Run Road when he swerved to miss a downed tree from a recent storm, he drove off of the right side of the roadway and crashed into the creek adjacent to the roadway. He was transported by EMS for his injuries and members of his family removed the ATV. A crash report was taken.
* A deputy responded to Williamstown Pike for a tree that had fallen on a residence. The complainant reported her neighbor’s tree fell on their residence, no one was inside at the time. Williamstown Volunteer Fire Department responded to see if they could assist with getting the tree off the residence.
* A deputy responded to Route 50 westbound milemarker 5.4 for a vehicle accident. The driver stated that another vehicle came into his lane of travel and would not get over, the driver stated he crossed the fog line to avoid a collision and hit standing water causing his vehicle to hydroplane striking the center concrete divider with the front driver side fender area coming to rest in the roadway. The vehicle was towed and the passenger was transported to be checked.
* Deputies responded to Dutch Ridge Road Apartments for a domestic dispute. The female stated she was in a verbal argument with her boyfriend. Both stated no further problems for the evening and both were advised.
* A deputy responded to New England Ridge Road for a vehicle accident. The driver stated that he swerved to miss a deer causing the vehicle to exit the road, enter a ditch and strike a utility pole. No injuries were reported and a crash report was taken.
* Deputies responded to North Hills Drive and Tanglewood Place for a semi that had pulled down power lines. The two occupants were still inside the truck with the power lines on top of the truck. The power company and Waverly Fire Department arrived and were able to free the truck from the downed power lines. The pole was snapped in half, no injuries were reported.
* A deputy responded to Staunton Turnpike in reference to a Larceny. The complainant reported he was remodeling his rental property and observed a window AC unit to be missing. He observed damage to the electrical outlet where the AC unit was pulled from the window. The AC unit estimated cost was $300.00.
* Rodney James Groves, 35, Turkey Foot Fork Road, Sandyville, was arrested on charges of DUI. He was processed, arraigned and released on a Surety bond.
* A deputy responded to Mineral Manor Way for a vehicle having the back glass busted out. The deputy observed the vehicle to have a shattered back glass with a large hole in it. The complainant reported that it would have been busted sometime during the previous night.
* A citation was issued to Johnathon Earl Hamrick, 33, of Neal Street for charges of possession of marijuana and a Citation was issued to Carlee Dawn Parsons, 40, of Neal Street for no operators.
* A deputy responded to Meadville Road for a pickup truck striking three gas meters and leaving the scene of the accident. Upon the Deputy arriving Eastwood Volunteer Fire Department was on scene attempting to shut off the gas to the broken meters. Three separate gas meters, two trash cans and a wooden address post had been struck and broken. The residents in the area stated the black truck continued north on Meadville Road toward Route 50. The vehicle was located on Miller Ridge Road and a citation was issued to Stephen Allen Canterbury, 57, Miller Ridge Road for charges of leaving the scene and failure to report accident. Dominion Energy was provided with the Insurance information from the driver and the residents were advised on how to obtain a copy of the report.
* A deputy responded to the area of I-77 south for a vehicle in the median. The driver was located at the rest area. A citation was issued to Daniel Robert Atkinson, 54, of Center Street, Spencer, for driving on suspended/revoked.
* The department May 3-5 answered 140 calls: four traffic stops; 19 speak to complainant by phone and in person; six domestic calls and domestic protective orders served; nine traffic accidents; one mental hygiene order/pick up/transport; 13 intrusion alarm; six disorderly subject/vehicle; eighth assist agency/assist motorist; three suspicious vehicle/suspicious subject.