PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports recently:
* From Aug. 26-29, the Wood County Sheriff’s Office answered 224 calls.
* A deputy responded to the Go-Mart in Williamstown in reference to a subject who had struck a tree on Williamstown Pike. The complainant reported that he had ran over a downed tree in the middle of the road, the vehicle had minor damage and no injuries were reported.
* A deputy spoke with the complainant by phone who reported that his father had found two or three male subjects attempting to steal a side-by-side UTV from the property. The truck had backed into a neighboring driveway and the males were attempting to push the UTV to the truck. The UTV suffered damage to the transmission as it would no longer go into gear. Investigation is ongoing.
* Deputies responded to the Red Roof Inn in reference to a possible overdose. A local check showed a capias for one of the females inside. Mary Lou Williams, 59, of Eighth Street, was arrested on the capias for disorderly conduct. She was transported to the Holding Center where she was processed and placed pending her arraignment.
* Zachary Reese Edwards, 29, of Meadowview Drive, was arrested on two capias warrants for shoplifting and second-offense driving on suspended/revoked.
* A citation was issued to Chrisin N. Kirby, 29, of Walker Road, for no operators and possession of a controlled substance.
* A deputy responded to Emerson Avenue near Newbanks Road in reference to a vehicle accident involving two vehicles. Upon arrival both vehicles had been moved off the roadway. A citation was issued to Sarah Rose Smith, 23, of Meadows Mobile Home Park, for second-offense driving on suspended/revoked.
* A citation was issued to Stephen Russell Pursley, 40, of Greenbrier Avenue, White Sulphur Springs, for driving on suspended/revoked.
* Deputies responded to Winding Road in reference to a vehicle accident involving a motorcycle. The rider stated he swerved to avoid a deer and fell off the motorcycle. The motorcycle was towed and the rider was transported to the hospital.
* Deputies responded to Comer Street in reference to a possible domestic disturbance where the problem party had fled after attempting to gain forced entry. The females stated the male had kicked in the front door and fled on his motorbike. The female wished to file a domestic violence protective order and was given a ride to magistrate court to file. The deputy was given a copy of the DV order and a warrant for the male subject to be served. The female was then dropped back off at the residence where the male subject was located hiding in the bushes. John Eugene Sams, 40, of Comer Street, was arrested on the warrant for domestic battery and served the domestic violence protective order.
* Ray Allen Dailey, 34, of Shrewsberry Place, was arrested on a warrant issued through the Parkersburg Police Department on a charge of domestic battery. He was transported to the Holding Center where he was placed pending his arraignment.
* A citation was issued to Dylan Michael Coe, 25, of Oak Acres Circle, for two charges of possession of a controlled substance.
* Deputies responded to Westview Way in reference to a 911 hang up. Both the male and female were unaware of the phone number that was made for the 911 hang up. A local check showed a capias on file for the male. Johnathan Matthew Stoops, 29, of Eighth Avenue, was arrested on the capias issued out of Roane County for charges of trespassing and obstructing an officer.
* A deputy spoke with the complainant who reported that unknown person(s) had stolen his picnic table from his river lot on Staunton Turnpike, he valued the picnic table at $200.
* Deputies responded to the Interstate Fairgrounds in reference to a subject tearing up the area with a vehicle. The male stated that his vehicle had gotten stuck in the mud and he was trying to get it free. A citation was issued to Michael Ray Miller, 19, of Pike Street, for no operators and no insurance.
* A citation was issued to Paul Edward Coss Jr., 31, of Pennsylvania Avenue, for no proof of insurance.
* Alexzandria Niccole Anderson, 32, of 13th Street, was arrested on a capias for shoplifting.