PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on May 21:
* A deputy responded to I-77 milepost 172.2 for a dead bear in the road. The bear was located and DOH arrived on scene and removed the bear.
* A deputy responded to Ash Circle for a vehicle theft. The complainant said he purchased the Jeep on May 13 and yet to register it or obtained insurance. He also said the keys had been left in the Jeep.
* Deputies responded to Post Mill apartments for a domestic dispute. Deputies were also advised that the male was currently out on bond and not allowed to be around the female. Deputies entered the residence and located the male hiding behind the door in the bedroom. Dustin James Whytsell, 25, of Broadway Avenue, was arrested on charges of a DV bond violation. He was placed in the Holding Center.
* Deputies responded to Newbanks Road for a vehicle accident. The driver stated she had swerved to miss a deer and flipped her vehicle. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was towed.
* Deputies responded to Fort Boreman Drive for an intoxicated driver, upon arriving the deputy observed the vehicle running with the driver passed out in the front seat. Donald Allan Thomas, 56, of Lakewood Circle was arrested on charges of DUI, assault of a police officer, obstructing an officer and disorderly conduct.
* Dale R. Thorn, 55, of Dry Run Road was issued a citation for driving on suspended/revoked and no insurance.
* A deputy responded to Mountwood Park for a single vehicle accident. The vehicle was over the embankment against a tree, appearing as if the vehicle missed the turn and ran off the road. Airbags were deployed for driver and side curtain. The vehicle was locked and no one was around the vehicle.
* A deputy responded to DSD Kawasaki located on DuPont Road where the complainant stated someone threw a brick through the window of the building breaking the glass out. All doors were still locked and it appears that the subject did not go inside the building. At this time investigation is ongoing.
* Deputies responded to College Parkway for a suspicious subject in the woods and were advised he was going through property. A check of the area by deputies observed a storage unit had been forcibly entered on College Parkway and a duffle bag the subject had contained the same name as one located inside the storage building. Nathan Andrew Bunner, 37, of Frost Road, Coolville, was arrested on charges of breaking and entering and possession of a controlled substance.
* A deputy responded to Robert Byrd Highway east bound for a vehicle accident. The vehicle struck a deer. The driver was not injured and the vehicle was driven from the scene.
* Joshua Amos Gibson, 39, of 24th street was arrested on a capias for fleeing from an officer.
* Deputies responded to I-77 milepost 165.5 for a semi-trailer on fire. Public Service Commission responded and closed both northbound lanes. Deputies assisted with traffic control as Mineral Wells Fire units put out the fire. It was determined the box trailer was hauling lighter fluid which ignited.
* Skyla Dawn Andrews, 21, of South Maple Street, Ripley, turned herself in on a warrant for public intoxication, battery and obstructing an officer. She was arraigned before a magistrate, posted a $5,000 surety bond and was released.