PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Feb.10:
* A deputy responded to the Wendy’s parking lot on Elizabeth Pike for a vehicle striking the building. The building appeared to have only a minor scuff on the block. Brandon Thomas Simmons, 24, Foster Ridge Road, Givens, W.Va., was arrested on charges of DUI.
* A deputy responded to Harris Highway for a motor vehicle crash with injuries. The vehicle was observed on the left side of the road in a ditch. Brandyn Michael Glaze, 25, of Blennerhassett Heights, was taken to the Holding Center and issued a citation for DUI.
* A deputy responded to W.Va. 14 in Boaz for a vehicle crash. The driver stated he struck a deer while traveling north in Boaz. The deputy observed minor damage to the driver door consisting of a dent and bent trim. The incident was documented, however a crash report was not taken.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant who said that registration had been taken from her vehicle while parked at Mineral Manor Way in the last two weeks.
* Codey Lee Buzzard, 26, Whispering Court, turned himself in on a warrant. He was released on a PR bond.
* A deputy spoke with the complainant at the Travel Lodge for a destruction of property. Apparently when the subject checked out of the hotel they allegedly removed the inside parts from the television in the room. The management ran the credit card on file that was used for check in and was able to be reimbursed for the damage.
* Deputies responded to Lost Pavement Road for a vehicle crash. The driver said he had dropped something inside the vehicle and when he looked back up he had struck the telephone pole, breaking it in half and then drove into the creek. The vehicle sustained heavy front-end damage. Jacob Loiseau, 34, of Maple Shades Court, was issued a citation for driving on suspended.
* A citation was issued to Chad Stephen Greenleaf, 50, of Petes Street, Vienna, for failure to obey a traffic control device (red light).
* A deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident where the driver was eastbound on U.S. 50 approaching the overpass to River Hill Road when she lost control of the vehicle striking the concrete barrier at an angle with the front side of the vehicle. The vehicle sustained minor damage however a piece of the tire well became lodged against the front left tire.
* Kim Franklin Knight, 67, Laurel Creek Road, was issued a citation for possession of a controlled substance.
* From Feb. 7-9, the sheriff’s office answered 106 calls: four traffic stops; 13 complaints by phone and in person; four domestic calls and domestic protective orders served; nine suspicious persons and vehicles; three check area, subject, welfare; two disorderly subjects, motorists; eight accidents; two larcenies; 10 mental hygiene order/pick up/transport; three warrant service; one animal complaint.