MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff released the following reports:
* An investigation began Feb. 12 into telecommunications harassment.
* A deputy met with Jason L. Bartimus on Feb. 13 and confirmed an active warrant for grand theft auto. A charge of fugitive from justice was filed on Bartimus, 45, of 2346 Sealey Ridge Road, Vincent, and he was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* A deputy filed charges Wednesday of failure to verify an address on Roy James Campbell III, 34. Campbell was convicted on Nov. 9, 2011, of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a fourth-degree felony. He is classified by the court as a Tier II sexual offender, which requires Campbell verify his residence in person by a specific date. He was due for his semi-annual verification on Dec. 19 and failed to verify his residence.
* A deputy and the Newport Squad were dispatched to 300 Broadway Ave., New Matamoras, for a report Richard Hewitt III was overdosing on drugs. Hewitt was reportedly unconscious, but was starting to regain consciousness. The deputy was advised that Hewitt had flushed a bag of suspected heroin prior to his arrival. Hewitt stated he did not know why the squad was at the residence and that he did not overdose. The deputy noted Hewitt’s appearance and behavior was consistent with an overdose. When asked what he had “flushed,” Hewitt advised a bag of “drugs.” A small child was also present at the time of this investigation. A summons is being requested for Hewitt, 44, on a charge of tampering with evidence and endangering children.
The following individuals were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Sierah Louise Caldwell, 18, of Marietta, attempted murder, felonious assault and tampering with evidence, all felonies.
* Keith Allen Drake, 34, of Newport, contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
* Le Antoine Deshawn Glover, 31, of Akron, driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Lance Michael Nivenm, 29, of Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Joseph Vernon Turpin, 22, of Vincent, having weapons while under disability, a felony.
* Melissa Ann Tanley, 34, of Marietta, theft, a misdemeanor.
* Jonathan Douglas Dotson, 34, of New Martinsville, theft, drug paraphernalia, OVI, left of center and no seatbelt, misdemeanors.
* Scott Lee Carpenter, 58, of Marietta, theft and receiving stolen property, felonies.