WILLIAMSTOWN — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Jan. 26:
* A citation was issued to Brandon Kyle Smith, 36, 16th Street, for driving on suspended.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant on Cedar Grove Road who reported someone overnight entered her vehicle parked in her driveway. The trunk was opened and the owner’s manual taken. She stated the vehicle may have been unlocked since there was no signs of forced entry.
* Deputies responded to I-77 at milepost 174 for a single-vehicle accident where the deputy observed heavy front-end damage to the vehicle. Joseph Clair Cox, 32, Park Drive, Washington, W.Va., was arrested on charges of DUI.
* Deputies responded to the Quality Inn on 37th Street for a destruction of property. The night clerk stated while making his rounds he observed a subject from the room handing something out the window and noticed it to be opened wider than it should be with the blocks in the window appearing broken. The subjects had left the room and Deputies and the night clerk entered the room and observed the damage to the window.
* A deputy responded to the 7-11 on DuPont Road for a larceny. The complainant reported the manager notified her that her ID and debit card were outside and that is when the complainant realized her wallet was missing. She was then notified her debit card had been used at several other locations in the Vienna area and the card and ID was located near the 7-11.
* A deputy responded to I-77 milemarker 157.5 for an accident involving a deer. A crash report was taken and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
* A citation was issued to George Lee Carpenter Jr., 42, 32nd Street for possession of a controlled substance, marijuana). Parkersburg Police arrested him on other charges.
* Gerald Allen Johnson Jr., 40, Pine Avenue was arrested on charges of domestic battery.
* A deputy spoke with the complainant who lives on Oak Circle who said two vehicles parked in her driveway had been broken into, nothing had been taken from her personal vehicle, however a computer monitor had been taken from her work vehicle. The vehicles had been left unlocked.
* A deputy spoke with the complainant who lives on Oak Circle who reported someone entered his truck and removed medication, a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 handgun and gift cards.
* A deputy responded to Harris Highway for an accident. The driver was traveling south on Harris Highway when he lost control of the vehicle on the icy road. The vehicle sustained major disabling damage. The driver declined medical attention.
* A deputy responded to Williams Highway for a single-vehicle accident where the driver stated she slid on ice and went over the embankment. No injuries reported and the vehicle was towed.
* A deputy responded to Southern Highway for a vehicle over the embankment. The driver stated the vehicle slid on the ice causing it to travel down the embankment with the rear of the vehicle striking a large tree and the front of the vehicle facing towards Southern Highway. No injuries were reported, the vehicle was towed back onto the roadway and driven from the scene.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant on Westwood Drive who said his unlocked vehicle had been rummaged through during the morning hours. Nothing had been taken and he has video.
* Dylan Wesley Malthaner, 19, Dutch Central Road, Rockport, turned himself in on a warrant for child abuse. He was processed, arraigned before a magistrate and was issued a $3,000.00 cash surety bond. He was bonded and released from the Holding Center.
* Deputies responded to Lincoln Drive for a domestic disturbance. The complainant reported the matter escalated when the male attempted to take a cell phone from her. The complainant opted to file a domestic violence protective order and the male left the residence.