MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on June 16.
* Deputies began an investigation June 8 into the misuse of credits. This case remains under investigation.
* James Corder, of Ohio 821, Macksburg, reported June 8 that his Chevy K3500 and car hauler trailer were missing from the residence. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy was dispatched to 1472 Braun Road, Belpre, on June 8 in reference to a man reporting Jennifer Forshey Ezell was drunk and trying to fight him. Jennifer was slurring her words and using profanity directed at officers and the victim. After completing the investigation Jennifer R. Forshey Ezell, 37, was placed under arrest for domestic violence. Ezell was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On June 8, a deputy began an investigation into a missing firearm from a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
* Richard Earley, of New Matamoras, reported June 9 that a 16′ trailer was missing from his property. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy began an investigation June 9 into a stolen semi and motor. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy began an investigation June 9 into a stolen Remington shotgun. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to 9085 State Route 550, Vincent, on June 10 in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A 911 caller advised Amy Staats had assaulted a man at the residence. The victim said Staats took his phone, then grabbed him by the ears, shook his head and struck him in the mouth.
* Amy Alain McFee-Staats, 46, of 1716 Elizabeth St., Apt. B, Belpre, was charged with domestic violence transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* A deputy began an investigation Thursday into a possible stolen vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
* On Thursday, Tiffini M. O’Malley, of 101 Evans St., Apt.6, New Matamoras reported her son, Brennan O’Malley, was calling her cell phone while incarcerated in the Washington County Jail. Tiffini showed her call log to the deputy as well as a voicemail. Brennan M. O’Malley, 27, of 101 Evans St., Apt. A6, New Matamoras, was charged with violation of a protection order. O’Malley was served a copy of his charges at the Washington County Jail.
* On Friday, a deputy requested a warrant be issued for the arrest of Brandon Michael Hall on a charge of failure to verify his current address. In 2008, Hall was classified by the court as a sexually-oriented offender. Hall’s classification requires he verify his address in person by a specific date to the sheriff’s office. Hall was due to report in May 2020, and was mailed a reminder letter. Hall’s registered address was listed as 163 Ross Road, Little Hocking, however on May 19, information was received that Hall had not lived at that location for several weeks. On May 21 a deputy attempted to locate Hall at a Way Road address in Belpre, however was advised he had not been at that location for two months. A warrant was requested and issued for the arrest of Hall, 35, through Marietta Municipal Court.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Melissa Ann Cottrill, 33, of 417 1/2 N. Unionville Road, McConnelsville, was arrested for contempt of court.
* Derek Eugene Boice, 33, of 489 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for failure to reinstate operator’s license, and failure to yield, both misdemeanors.