MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports June 1:
* A deputy responded to Main Street in New Matamoras on Wednesday for a report of Joshua Gore kicking in a door at the residence of Dustin Seevers. Seevers stated when he returned home this date he found his door open and damaged, however nothing was missing. Witnesses had observed Joshua Gore in the area, also around the same time as the loud bang was heard. Joshua Leroy Gore, 32, of 130 Cemetery Drive, New Matamoras, was placed under arrest for burglary and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* A deputy was dispatched to the 500 block of Joe Skinner Road on Thursday in reference to a suspicious male entering a vehicle. The deputy observed a white male approaching him when he arrived in the area of 565 Joe Skinner Road. The male appeared to be under the influence of something, however he stated he had been kidnapped and was dropped at this location and was trying to find someone’s phone to use. The male stated he was afraid so he was hiding in a vehicle. The man, Matthew Altizer, was found to have a blunt object protruding from his pant pocket. When asked if he had any weapons he stated he did not. The object in his pocket was found to be two Epi-Pens and a sample Epi-Pen. Altizer stated they were his and he had an allergy. In speaking with vehicle owners in the area, the deputy was advised by one owner that he stored Epi-Pens in his vehicle for medical reasons. The owner looked in his vehicle and discovered his were missing. Matthew A. Altizer, 27, of 4809 Ninth Ave., Parkersburg, was placed under arrest and charged with theft and criminal trespassing.
* On Friday, a deputy was dispatched to meet with a woman in reference to an assault that had occurred on Thursday at 1940 State Route 555, Belpre, by Steven Sayre. She advised a disagreement broke out between her and Sayre, with him throwing her down on the bed and punching her. She said Sayre also dragged her through the hallway, into the living room, in front of children and an adult. The woman further stated that Sayre picked up a hoe handle and struck her with it twice, as well as taking her phone and throwing it through the back glass of her car. A warrant was requested and issued through Marietta Municipal Court for Steven L. Sayre, 36, on charges of domestic violence, criminal damaging, disrupting public services and felonious assault.
* On Friday, the Pleasants County Sheriff’s Office, requested the Washington County Sheriff’s Office arrest Adalberto Edel Perez due to three active arrest warrants through their magistrate court. These warrants were for breaking and entering, repeated harassment and repeated stalking. A deputy located Perez, 26, of 160 Chainey Run Road, Marietta, at his residence. Perez was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County jail charged with fugitive from justice.
* Deputies were dispatched to 2025 State Route 555 on Saturday for a mobile home fire at the Sydney Shaa-Mayle home. The Little Hocking Volunteer Fire Department was on the scene as the home was fully engulfed. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Alexa Morgan Harvey, 24, of 11722 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
* Adalberto Edel Perez, 26, of 105 Leland Ave., Marietta, was arrested for fugitive from justice.
* Robert Jonathan Huffman, 39, of 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for inducing panic and littering, both misdemeanors.
* James David Carpenter, 49, of 307 Fairview Lane, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, two counts, both misdemeanors.
* Zachary Ryan Taylor, 20, of 4060 Sugar Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs .08 or more and fictitious plate, all misdemeanors.
* Dylan Cole Stack, 25, of 341 Elk Run Road, Beverly, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a felony, driving under OVI suspension, failure to control, hit-skip/leaving the scene, no seatbelt/passenger, and possession of marijuana, all misdemeanors.
* Jeremy Eugene O’Brien, 35, of 331 Hill Road, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.