MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports May 27:
* On May 14, 15 and 19, two dogs belonging to Kaylee Krawczyk-Leja and Tyler Hafner, of 211 Rummer Road, Apt. A, Marietta, ran loose from the property. The dogs went onto the neighbor’s property and attacked a dog at that location. This is an ongoing issue with the dogs. The dogs were also found to not be registered. A summons will be requested for Kaylee Marie Krawczyk-Leja, 20, for three counts of failing to restrain her dogs and one count of failing to register them. Tyler James Hafner, 22, will be issued a summons for failure to register and three counts of failing to restrain the dogs.
* On May 18, Austin Barnhart and Corey Woolum were arrested and brought to the Washington County Jail for processing. A deputy was advised of active arrest warrants for Barnhart and Woolum through Wood County, W.Va. The charge on both warrants was theft. A charge of fugitive from justice was filed on Austin Barnhart and Corey Woolum through Marietta Municipal Court.
* On May 20, a deputy and the Fearing Volunteer Fire Department squad were dispatched to the intersection of Caywood Road and Collins Road in Fearing Township. This was in reference to Nathan Sprague being unresponsive in the backseat of a vehicle. Sprague had been transported for medical treatment prior to the deputy arriving. The deputy was then notified that Sprague was walking away from the facility without receiving treatment. Contact was made with Sprague on Muskingum Drive, and he admitted to using heroin and fentanyl. Sprague was returned for medical treatment and was later released. A summons is being requested for Nathan Allen Sprague, 31, of 411 E. Spring St., Marietta, for disorderly conduct by intoxication.
* A deputy began an investigation May 20 into an issued check that had been altered and cashed. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to 101 Evans St., Apt. A6, New Matamoras, on May 20 for a 911 complaint of a mother and son arguing. The woman advised she was choked by her son, after she discovered some unknown pills in his prescription bottle. She stated her son chased her and threw her to the ground, placing her in a headlock. Brennan Michael O’Malley, 27, homeless, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence.
* A deputy filed charges May 21 on a juvenile for being a delinquent child by possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
* A deputy filed charges May 21 for criminal damaging on William J. Carter, Sr., 35, of 200 Pennock Drive, Beverly, for damage done to a screen in a jail dorm at the Washington County Jail where he is incarcerated.
* On Friday, a deputy assisted a Belpre Township resident in reference to a fraudulent transaction on an account. The subject was found to not be out any money.
* A deputy responded to an area off of Ohio 821 Friday to recover some drug paraphernalia that was located in the weeds.
* A deputy was dispatched to 306 Bohl Drive, Marietta, on Friday in response to Brian Skinner reporting a home invasion. Skinner advised Phillip Hughes entered his house through the front door while he was in the backyard. Skinner entered the home and found Hughes inside. Skinner and Marquise Marshall, a witness, said that Hughes repeatedly told Skinner he should be dead and that he was going to be dead. Skinner advised that he exited the house to get away from Hughes, however, Hughes followed him to the backyard. There was video surveillance footage confirming Hughes being at the location, showing Hughes kicking over flower pots and a trash can. Hughes also took a pair of Marshall’s shoes when he left through the front door. Hughes was gone upon the deputy arriving, however, he was later located and placed under arrest, charged with aggravated burglary. Phillip Conrad Hughes, 34, last known address 201 Milton Road, Marietta, was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* Deputies were dispatched to an altercation at Big Hometown Honda, Pike Street, Marietta on Friday. A refusal to prosecute was signed by the individuals. This case is marked closed.
* A deputy responded to Marietta Township on Friday in reference to a theft of tools from a detached garage. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to Browns Road on Sunday in reference to a vandalism complaint. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to Newport on Sunday in reference to Robert Nichols reporting a 16′ utility trailer being stolen. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to 13685 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, on Sunday for a report of a woman being assaulted by her husband, Marty Lake. Marty was located and denied any physical altercation and/or threats. Marty was bleeding from a laceration, which he advised he sustained when he fell. Marty also admitted to being intoxicated. The woman stated Marty returned home intoxicated and they began to argue. She said Marty swung at her multiple times, and she ran and tried to seek safety upstairs, however, Marty chased her up the stairs. She stated she kicked Marty and then Marty began making derogatory threatening statements. Marty J. Lake, 45, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County jail for processing.
* A deputy began an investigation Monday in Independence Township in reference to damage to a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Shannon Marie Lang, 39, of 1111 County House Lane, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Michael James Farnsworth, 31, of 809 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, and domestic violence, a felony.
* Daniel Earl Sciance, 24, of 105 Wyoming Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Phillip Conrad Hughes, 34, homeless, was arrested for aggravated burglary, a felony.
* Mark Everett Swaney, 53, of 729 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for trespassing, a felony, and contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
* Marty Joe Lake, 45, of 13685 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
* Brett Sumner Edwards, 30, of 165 Cornerstone Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jessica Lynn Stevens, 38, of 723 Eighth St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension, two counts, fictitious plates and failure to transfer, all misdemeanors.
* Joseph Adam McKitrick, 40, of 125 County House Lane, Apt. C3, Marietta, was arrested for two counts of driving under suspension and assured clear distance, all misdemeanors.
* Phillip Zachariah Singer, 30, of 2025 State Route 555, Little Hocking, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
* Brenda Lee Mitchem, 55, of 1417 Lancaster St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
* Darren Michael Dean, 33, of 10475 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for possession of drugs, having weapons while under disability, tampering with evidence, unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, trafficking in drugs, all felonies, and obstructing justice, a misdemeanor.
* Rex Allan Griffin, 55, of 1572 Elizabeth St., Belpre, was arrested for having weapons while under disability, a felony, restrictions on depositing litter on public property and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.
* Kevin Michael Christopher, 40, of 113 Chartiers St., Strabane, Pa., was arrested for trafficking in drugs, a felony, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, open container, having physical control of a vehicle, all misdemeanors.
* Nathan Scott Tewkesbury, 35, homeless, was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.
* Toni Gail Tackett, 24, of 276 Ridgewood Court, Marietta, was arrested for misuse of credit card, a misdemeanor, and possession of drugs, a felony.
* Michael Thomas Runyon, 30, of 1609 Hill St., Apt. 10, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
* Martin Deane Gibbs Jr., 32, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.