MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports May 14:
* Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported an employee theft May 6. Dianne Sheets, of 1760 North St., Stockport, was charged with theft.
* During a traffic stop on May 7 for a vehicle in the 600 block of Third Street with fictitious registration, suspected meth was located on the driver in addition to a baggie of suspected meth inside the vehicle. Syringes were also found. The substance will be sent for testing and charges are pending. Aaron C. Brooks was issued a citation for driving under suspension.
* An officer began an investigation May 7 into a theft that occurred at 711 Third St. The investigation is ongoing.
* On May 7, an officer investigated a dog biting another dog. The investigation will be turned over to the dog warden.
* An officer stopped Sandra Forinash in the 700 block of Wooster Street on May 7 for driving under suspension. Forinash was found to be in possession of a syringe. She was cited for license forfeiture. A summons was also completed for drug abuse instruments.
* During a traffic stop Saturday for a fictitious plate violation, a strong odor of marijuana was coming from the vehicle. Driver Dance Dale Grahame, of 231 Sheldon Ave., admitted to possessing a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia. He was cited for fictitious plates, expired plates and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifter on Saturday. Jennifer Faye Lee, of 1321 Sycamore St. Lot 4, Ravenswood, W.Va. was arrested.
* While on patrol Sunday, an officer observed a car parked in the former Kmart parking lot. A strong odor of marijuana was coming from the vehicle. Brandon Steed, of 15763 Wolf Run Drive, Caldwell, and Ty Hall, of 79 Gomber Ave., Cambridge, were both cited for marijuana and paraphernalia possession.
* An officer responded to 418 Front St. on Sunday in reference to a vehicle stolen between Friday and Sunday. Later that day, the owner located the vehicle in the 300 block of Front Street and said he must have forgotten that he parked it there on Friday.
* An officer was dispatched to 710 Front St. on Monday in reference to a suspicious male behind the apartments. He was identified as Jason Homer Malone, of Ravenna, and it was learned that he had a warrant for his arrest out of Franklin County for violating his parole. He was arrested.
* On Sunday, an investigation began in reference to sexual imposition allegations. After completing the investigation a warrant was requested and issued for the arrest of Steven Donald Lent, 62, of 3835 Highland Ridge Road, Lowell. Lent was placed under arrest on Tuesday.
* During a traffic stop Tuesday on Interstate 77, the driver, identified as Joshua Sheets, admitted to deputies that he did not have an operator’s license. A K9 sniff of the vehicle resulted in a positive indication. As Sheets was exiting the vehicle a loaded handgun was found under the seat. A live round was in the chamber and 10 rounds were in the magazine. Further searching of the vehicle yielded numerous drug items. Sheets admitted to the small baggie and loaded syringe, but denied ownership of the handgun, despite statements from all occupants. Joshua Wayne Sheets, 34, of 8 Abby Village Drive, Apt. 101, Parkersburg, was placed under arrest and charged with improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle and possession of drugs. Sheets was also processed on a warrant from Summit County. Carissa Michele Wilson, 30, of Miami, W.Va., was placed under arrest and charged with possession of drugs. Wilson and Sheets were transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On Tuesday, Timothy Logan Michael Howell, while incarcerated in the Washington County Jail, assaulted Steven Donald Lent, also an inmate. Medical attention was given to Lent and Howell was charged with assault.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* James Tyrone Pugh, 45, of 102 14th St., Wheeling, W.Va., was arrested for breach of recognizance, and possession of heroin, both felonies.
* Carissa Michele Wilson, 30, of 171 Sharon Hollow Road, Miami, W.Va., was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony.
* Joshua Wayne Sheets, 34, of 8 Abby Village Drive, Apt. 101, Parkersburg, was arrested for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, possession of drugs, and parole violation, all felonies.
* Steven Donald Lent, 62, of 3835 Highland Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for sexual imposition, a misdemeanor.
* Justin Brian Hines, 23, of 106 Devol Drive, Marietta, was arrested for possession of heroin and aggravated possession of drugs, both felonies, and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Edward Lang, IV, 39, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, was arrested for OVI, a misdemeanor.
* Michelle Lee Thompson, 45, of 117 Dean St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension, failure to control, driving while under the influence of alcohol and parole violation.