MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports May 7:
* A deputy responded to 80 Little Eight Mile Road, Marietta, on April 29 for a domestic dispute complaint. A man stated that Eric Wright had struck him in the back with something and cut him. He had last seen Wright going in the woods. Multiple attempts were made to speak with Wright, using the public address system, however, they met with negative results. Wright had struck the victim several times with a plastic children’s garden tool from the yard after a verbal argument with him. A warrant was requested and issued through Marietta Municipal Court for Ricky D. Wright, 34, of 80 Little Eight Mile Road, Marietta,on a charge of domestic violence.
* A deputy responded to Belpre Township on Friday in reference to a juvenile striking a sibling. After completing the investigation the juvenile was charged with two counts of domestic violence.
* Deputies were dispatched Sunday to Joe Skinner Road near Ohio 7 for a report of a suspicious subject parked along the road. Contact was made with the driver and sole occupant, Matthew Allen Benson, who advised he was waiting to pick up someone in Belpre after their shift. Deputies detected an odor of suspected marijuana emitting from the vehicle and asked Benson if he had anything illegal in the vehicle. Benson advised he had a small amount of marijuana in the glove box and had smoked some earlier . Permission to search was obtained and drug paraphernalia was located in the vehicle, along with a baggie and container of suspected marijuana. A summons is being requested through Marietta Municipal Court for Matthew Allen Benson, 24, of 833 Second St., Lot 1, Marietta, for possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Deputies were dispatched to 101 Mulberry St., Newport, on Sunday for a report of Micah Moxley choking a woman. Micah James Moxley, 24, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail on a domestic violence charge.
* A deputy was dispatched to Ohio 676 on Monday for a report of a storage building being entered and items removed. This case remains under investigation.
*A deputy responded to the Oriana House, 27830 State Route 7, Marietta, on Monday. Information was received that Cody Allen Carpenter, 30, of 316 Woodlawn Ave., Cambridge, was identified as a subject that drugs located in the facility belonged to. Carpenter was charged with conveying into a detention facility and was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* A deputy responded to Macksburg on Monday, where it was reported that Joanie Gildow and a man had gotten into a verbal argument. Gildow had allegedly attacked the man and scratched him. Joanie Danielle Gildow, 40, of 520 High St., Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence. Gildow was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Travis Eugene Williams, 23, of 1750 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.