MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports May 6:
* An officer investigated an overdose on April 28 at 840 Pike St., Apt. 32. The person was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital by the Marietta Fire Department.
*An officer investigated the theft of a package on April 28. The theft was caught on surveillance video and a summons will be requested for the identified thief.
* Officers were dispatched to a disturbance on April 28 at the Super 8 motel, 46 Acme St. Upon arrival, Vickie Marie Thompson, last known address 300 Starlite Drive, Lot 26, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in Washington County Common Pleas Court.
* Robert J. Huffman, of 797 Channel Lane, reported a burglary at his residence on April 29. The complaint was determined to be unfounded due to the majority of the items reported missing being located at the scene.
* Melissa A. Johnson, of 105 Wyoming Road, reported a burglary on Thursday. The residence was entered and a small gun safe was stolen.
* On Saturday, an officer was dispatched to 922 Front St. in reference to a breaking and entering. It was determined that a total of eight RV/campers were entered. This case remains under investigation.
* An officer responded to 814 Warren St. on Saturday in reference to an overdose. The person was revived and transported to the hospital.
* Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifter on Saturday. The suspect was apprehended and will received a summons for theft.
*An officer investigated an assault Saturday that occurred in the parking lot of 220 Greene St.
*On Saturday, officers were dispatched to 209 Fearing St. in reference to a disturbance. Kelly Farnsworth, homeless, had been trespassed from the location on April 4 and also had an active warrant for trespassing previously at that location. Farnsworth was found in the 200 block of Fearing Street and arrested on the warrant. There will also be an additional trespassing charge.
* All units were dispatched to 219 Harmar St. on Sunday in reference to a possible active burglary. Marc Alan Styer, of Canton, was arrested for domestic violence and obstructing official business.
*On Sunday, an officer was dispatched to the parking lot of 842 Pike St. in reference to a vehicle parked there overnight that was damaged.
* On April 29, a deputy responded to a report of an individual having a vehicle without authorization. Tasha Glidden stated she was at her apartment on April 28 with Charles Miller and after going inside returned to find her vehicle and Miller missing. Glidden was also trying to contact Miller to return the vehicle with negative results. The vehicle was later found abandoned on Montgomery Street. A summons is being requested for Charles Raymond Cody Miller, 24, of 910 Caywood Road, Marietta, on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
* A deputy responded to Beverly on April 29 for a report of a vehicle taken without authorization. Upon meeting with the individual, they had recovered the vehicle on their own and did not wish to pursue any type of charges. This case will be marked closed.
* A deputy was dispatched to Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, on Thursday for a report of a woman being disorderly. The deputy met with Jacqueline Steele and noted she was intoxicated, as she was unsteady on her feet and slurring her words. Steele admitted to arguing with the juvenile(s), and admitted to her drinking. Jacqueline Darlene Steele, 31, of 505 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, was summoned into court for disorderly conduct by intoxication.
* On Friday, a deputy responded to conduct a theft investigation. After having the item returned to the business they did not wish to pursue charges. This case is closed.
* Deputies were at the Hickory Grove Convenience Store on Ohio 339 on Saturday when they were advised of a male at the gas pumps who may be impaired. Deputies conducted a traffic stop after the man left the business. The driver, Glenn Martin, stated he did not have a license to drive. A strong odor of an alcoholic beverage was detected, as well as his eyes being bloodshot and glassy. Martin was not able to complete standard field sobriety tests as he was swaying. Martin was transported for a BAC and tested .184. Glenn Craig Martin, 60, of 711 State Route 124, Hockingport, was transported to the Washington County Jail where he was charged with OVI, speed and no driver’s license.
*A deputy began an investigation Sunday in reference to a theft from a camper. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Cody Allen Carpenter, 30, of 515 Taylor Ave., Cambridge, was arrested for parole violation, and illegal conveyance of drugs of abuse, both felonies.
* Joanie Danielle Gildow, 40, of 530 High St., Macksburg, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Cody Dale Smarr, 26, of 225 Stone Road, Belpre, was arrested for resisting arrest and probation violation, both misdemeanors.