MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on April 7:
* On March 24, a deputy received three complaints advising the brown/white dog belonging to Nicole Davis had been loose every day since March 19 and was loose on this date. The dog had trapped an individual inside her residence prohibiting her from leaving her property. On March 30 the dog charged at another person who lives on Muskingum Drive while they were on their property. A summons was requested for Nicole D. Davis, 35, Dale Street, Marietta, on two counts of failing to restrain her dangerous dog.
* On April 4 a deputy responded to Lawrence Township to recover a bag found in the area. After checking the bag an owner was located and arrangements will be made to return the bag to them.
* On April 4 a deputy recovered items in Muskingum Township that were found while subjects were mowing. The items did include drugs and paraphernalia.
* On April 6 a deputy responded to Waterford Township to meet with Bradley Pugh and Anthony Root. Pugh was at the location in reference to child custody/visitation. During the investigation it was discovered that Root had left his residence and went to the neighbor’s residence to confront Pugh, which put him into contact with the homeowners, violating the stay at home order. Root grabbed Pugh’s throat and squeezed, further pushing Pugh once he got loose from the hold Root had on him. Root then left the residence, stating he was going to get a firearm and shoot Pugh. Root admitted to what he had done and was placed under arrest for assault, aggravated menacing and violations prohibited. Root was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following people were processed into the Washington County Jail between Monday 6 Apr 2020 and Tuesday 7 Apr 2020:
* Lee Anna Charlton, 37, 223 Maple St., Belpre, theft, a felony.
* Anthony John Root, 43, 878 Luke Chute Road, Waterford, assault, aggravated menacing and violations prohibited, all misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on April 9:
* On April 5 Deputy Holbert along with the Little Muskingum Volunteer Fire Dept. responded to a small truck on fire in the front yard of a residence on State Route 26. This case remains under investigation.
* On April 8 Deputy Holbert began an investigation into a bad check passed at Pioneer Buick GMC, Marietta. This case remains under investigation.
* On April 8 Deputy Hill received a warrant from the Parkersburg Police Department, Parkersburg, WV, for the arrest of Stephen W. Caltrider on one count of entry of building other than dwelling; entry of railroad, traction, or motorcar, steamboat or vessel, and one count of grand larceny. The information Caltrider gave to booking upon being processed was compared with the warrant information finding them to be a match. A charge of fugitive from justice was filed on Caltrider at that time.
* On April 8 Sgt. L Parks and Deputy Hockenberry were dispatched to 85 Brooker Road, Marietta, to a report of Charles Schmidt being drunk and punching holes in the walls. Information was also gathered that Schmidt left the home driving near Lowell Hill Road. Lt. Gherke made contact with Schmidt and after completing a traffic stop did not detect any signs of impairment. Schmidt stated he and his girlfriend were in an argument and he punched the wall when she would not give him his keys. A summons will be requested for Schmidt, 21, for disorderly conduct.
The following subject(s) were processed into the Washington County Jail between April 8 and 9:
* Destry Todd Shane, 29, 2195 Layman Road, Vincent, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Christopher Adam Walker, 29, 2836 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, four counts, and probation violation, all felonies.
* Jeremy Wayne Campbell, 38, 840 Echo Valley Road, Waterford, contempt of court.