MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on March 30:
* A deputy received information that Rachael Wilson had devised an escape plan through a suicide attempt while incarcerated at the Washington County Jail. Wilson faked a suicide attempt and was transported for medical attention. Wilson, 29, 708 Front St., Apt. 21, was charged with escape, a second-degree felony.
* Two deputies began an investigation at Gates Green Apts., County Road 9, where storage buildings had been entered.
* A deputy responded to 201 Milton Road, Marietta, due to a report of Phillip Hughes needing assistance. Hughes advised that he had consumed a bunch of cheap stuff. Hughes did have an odor of an alcoholic beverage about his person. Hughes was given oral directives to cease his actions and behavior. Hughes, 34, 201 Milton Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with disorderly conduct.
* A deputy responded to Jett Hill Road about a vehicle in the woods that was on fire. The vehicle, a 2010 Dodge Ram, is registered to John P. Desmond, 681 Red Hill Road, Parkersburg, and was reported stolen by the Wood County Sheriff’s Department.
* A deputy was dispatched to 12910 State Route 550, Fleming, on a report of Timi Baker stating someone was in her basement. The deputy met with the residents and responded to the basement of the home and located Nikolas Gibson lying on a couch in the basement. Gibson appeared to be intoxicated and did not respond to verbal commands. Gibson said he was on his “work couch.” Gibson continued stating that he was at his work address, and was unsure how he arrived at the house. Gibson, 26, 12610 State Route 550, Fleming, was transported to the Washington County Jail where a portable breath test showed .200 BAC. Gibson was charged with trespassing and due to the current pandemic and a stay-at-home order, he was in violation of the order, as he was not engaged in essential travel violations prohibited (no person shall violate any rule the director of health or department of health adopts or any order the director or department of health issues under this chapter to prevent a threat to the public caused by a pandemic, epidemic, or bioterrorism event).
The following people were processed into the Washington County Jail between March 26-30:
* Kathleen Sarah Waldrep, 29, 106 Tall Pines Road, Fountain Inn, South Carolina, obstructing official business and criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.
* Melissa Jean Beagle, 37, 1365 Archers Fork Road, Newport, possession of drugs, a felony.
* Rusty Allen Knowlton, 46, 110 Morningside Drive, New Matamoras, possession of drugs, a felony.
* William Dwight McFall Jr., 61, 1218 Williamson Ave., Apt. 46B, New Matamoras, having weapons while under disability, a felony.
* Tristen Allen Hart, 23, 35 Maple St., Apt. 5, Newport, failure to notify change of address/registered sex offender, a felony.
* Phillip Conrad Hughes, 34, 201 Milton Road, Marietta, disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
* Stephan Wayne Caltrider, 31, Latrobe St. Mission, Parkersburg, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Charlene Elizabeth Lockamy, 33, 717 Circle Drive, Belpre, disorderly conduct and theft.
* Nathan Scott Tewkesbury, 35, homeless, two counts of criminal trespass, two counts of theft, all misdemeanors.
* David Michael Taylor, 29, 4450 Barnett Ridge Road, Fleming, criminal damaging, unlawful restraint, driving under OVI suspension, disorderly conduct, contempt of court, and expired plates, all misdemeanors.