PARKERSBURG –The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on March 13:
The office responded to 13 traffic stops, four mental hygiene orders, eight intrusion alarms, seven domestic complaints and domestic order services, eight motor vehicle accidents, seven warrant services, 10 area checks, 19 speak with complainant by phone/in person, five suspicious vehicles/persons.
* Angela Dianne Hershberger, 21, of Sharon Street was arrested on a warrant for truancy.
* A deputy was notified that the Parkersburg Police had arrested a male and brought him into the Holding Center who also had a capias that needed served. A deputy responded and served Bradley Allen Chaffin, 40, of 13th Avenue with the capias for failure to appear on a felony indictment.
* Deputies responded to Birnhamwood Drive in reference to a domestic disturbance. The complainant had left the residence and was at a neighbor’s house. Tami Lynn Williams, 37, of Birnhamwood Drive was arrested on charges of domestic battery and child abuse.
* Deputies responded to Wood Street in reference to a subject stealing wheels off a van. The problem party advised it was all a misunderstanding and that he was not bothering the van. Roger Brent Webb, 44, of Wood Street was arrested on a capias and Ernest Wade Boley, 41, of Pine Circle was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance suspected methamphetamine and obstructing an officer.
* Thomas Albert Huskey Jr, 32, of Rising Sun Ridge Road was arrested on a capias for failure to appear.
* Deputies responded to Grassy Run Road in reference to a domestic, both parties were standing outside waiting for the deputies to arrive. The female stated that the male hit her in the face and she defended herself by hitting him back. The male stated that he had hit her first. Deputies observed the female to have a bloody lip. Kenneth Randall Carpenter, 56, of Grassy Run Road was arrested on charges of domestic battery.
* A deputy responded to the area of Lost Pavement Road and Empire Lake Drive for a vehicle crash involving a deer. The driver stated she was traveling north on Lost Pavement when she struck the deer. Damage was observed to the front bumper, passenger headlight and passenger side fender. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was driven from the scene.
* Deputies responded to Deerwalk Highway for a vehicle accident. The driver was southbound on Deerwalk Highway when he ran off the road, over corrected the vehicle to the left and then back to the right before running off the roadway and overturning on the driver side. The driver Brandon Lee Baker, 18, of North Oak Grove Road, Williamstown was issued a citation for no operators.
* Michael Byron Cain, 60, of Harris Highway was issued a citation for allowing livestock to run at large.
* A deputy responded to Family Court in reference to a subject needing served with a warrant. Following the hearing, Kevin Earnest Heaton, 48, of 11th Avenue was served and arrested on the warrant for violation of a domestic violence protective order.
* A deputy responded to I-77 near the 178 milemarker for a vehicle crash. The driver stated he was not injured and reported that the vehicle hydroplaned into the southbound lane, spun around and struck a road sign. The vehicle sustained heavy front end damage.
* A deputy responded to Winding Road for mailboxes being damaged. The deputy observed two mailboxes located on Laurel Creek to have been damaged by a blunt object.