MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff released the following reports on March 23 and 24:
* On March 20, Deputy Hockenberry responded to 13931 State Route 7, Marietta, to a breaking and entering at that location. Numerous items were removed from the property. The case remains under investigation at this time.
* On March 20, Deputy Hockenberry responded to the Warren Local School Garage in reference to a breaking and entering. The case remains under investigation at this time.
* On March 21, Lt. Hornbeck began an investigation into a possible theft of currency. This case remains under investigation.
* On March 22, at approximately 6:58 p.m. Deputy Kehl was dispatched to River Road, Marietta, regarding a vehicle in the ditch in that area. Contact was made with the driver of the vehicle, John Grasley, who had told an off duty police officer that he had just “huffed air duster” approximately two times, which appears to be the reason why Grasley crashed. Grasley had reported to the officer that he had huffed air duster within the last mile of travel. Grasley and his vehicle were located in the ditch and the vehicle was still running and in the drive position. Grasley was also in the driver’s seat. Grasley was observed rummaging around in the center console. A field sobriety test was conducted, which Grasley performed satisfactorily on, but with indicators. Several cans of air duster, including two empty canisters, were located in the side door. John Jacob Grasley, 33, 104 Wyandotte Drive, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs and probation violation. Grasley was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On March 22, Deputy Aultman began an investigation in Waterford Township in reference to an assault. This case remains under investigation.
* On March 22, John Grasley was brought to the Washington County Jail by Deputy Kehl. While performing a patdown of Grasley, prior to him entering the secured area, Deputy Gainer located two open packages of Buprenorphine and Naloxone strips. One package contained a crystalline substance, which Grasley stated was crushed Xanax, which he was prescribed. John J Grasley, 33, 104 Wyandotte Drive, Marietta, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
* On March 23, Deputy Painter responded to 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, and met with subjects at that location. It was reported that Paul Christopher was at the residence when he became agitated. Christopher was apparently angry about his guitar possibly getting damaged. Christopher began to yell and argue with the individuals and was told to leave the room. Christopher continued arguing and was told to leave the residence, but would not. Contact was made with Christopher, who was agitated and uncooperative, denying any physical altercation taking place. Based on the investigation, Paul Kenneth Christopher, 50, 1936 Barth Road, Belpre, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct and criminal damaging.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between March 20-24:
* Russell Stazel Burkhammer Jr., 47, 1023 Third St., Marietta, parole violation, a felony.
* Rachael Nicole Wilson, 29, 708 Front St., Apt. 21, Marietta, complicity to aggravated robbery, a felony.
* Mikeal Joseph Hypes, 27, 408 Golden Meadow Lane, Summerville, aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
* Gary Lynn Harris, 29, 44491 Fairground Road, Apt. 22, Caldwell, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jason Lee Mulligan, 35, 104 Cunningham St., Belpre, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* John Jacob Grasley, 33, 104 Wyandotte Drive, Marietta, possession of drugs, a felony, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs and probation violation, both misdemeanors.
* Douglas Perry Christopher, 51, 975 Mount Tom Road, Marietta, sex offender failure to notify change of address, a felony.
* Isaac Lee Adams, 30, 715 1/2 Fifth St., Marietta, two counts assault, felonies, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
* Kevin Matthew Hess, 32, contempt of court, failure to appear, a felony.
* Kyle Gregory Herwald, 32, 65 Ridgeway Ave., Parkersburg, contempt, failure to appear, a felony.
* Jermale Michael Lewis, 32, 553 E. Deshler Ave., Columbus, theft, a felony.