MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on March 9:
* On March 6, a deputy began an investigation into a financial scam.
* On March 7, Edward Joseph Milam, 41, 2195 Layman Road, Vincent, was charged with two counts of domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On March 7, Christopher Michael Hilton, 32, 314 Fifth St., Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On March 8, deputies responded to 107¢ Hanson Drive, Marietta, to begin a theft investigation. The truck belonging to James Gessel was borrowed by a subject to help Shon Howell move items. The truck was parked at Gessel’s residence with the keys in it. When Gessel returned home the truck was missing. Text messages between Gessel and Howell were made. Howell said he would return the truck but never did. The truck was then located on State Route 26, New Matamoras, at a relative’s house; however, Howell was not located. The truck was recovered by Deputy Kehl. A warrant is being requested for Shon Matthew Howell, 20, 33199 State Route 260, New Matamoras, charging him with grand theft of a motor vehicle.
The following people were processed into the Washington County Jail between March 6-9:
* William Lewis Dennis, 44, 1920 Oak St., Parkersburg, rape and gross sexual imposition, both felonies, and two counts driving under OVI suspension, both misdemeanors.
* Lindsey Mae Tornes, 29, 1160 Hadley Hollow Road, Marietta, failure to comply, a felony, two counts drug paraphernalia and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
* William Joseph Carter Sr., 35, 200 Pennock Drive, Lot 34, Beverly, probation violation, a felony.
* Christopher Michael Hilton, 32, 314 Fifth St., Lowell, domestic violence, a felony.
* Deon Michael Ratliff, 25, 45 E. Fourth St., Apt. 55, The Plains, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Edward Joseph Milam, 41, 2195 Layman Road, Vincent, two counts domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
* Nicole Dena Davis, 35, 204 Dale St., Marietta, loose dog, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Edward Lang, 39, 204 Dale St., Marietta, trafficking in drugs and possession of drugs, both felonies, and drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
* Aaron J. Matthew Huseman, 32, 145 Walnut Drive, Whipple, violating a protection order, a felony, and probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Maranda Marie Markwood, 42, 713 Greene St., Apt. C, Marietta, disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
* Austin Wayne Bloomfield, 24, 131 Cullman Road, Columbus, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under the influence, failure to reinstate operator’s license, failure to display valid registration and no seat belt, all misdemeanors.
* Ricky Lynn Howell, 60, 630 Oak St., Lot 165, Mansfield, OVI alcohol drug of abuse or both, a misdemeanor.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following report on March 10:
* On March 10 while on patrol on Hanna Road, Warren Township, Deputy Painter observed a truck parked along the road. Painter stopped to check on the driver, identified as Ryan Nichols, occupying the driver seat. Nichols was asked why he was parked on the side of the road. Nichols stated the vehicle ran out of gas and he coasted the vehicle from the top of the hill to where he was parked. Painter noted Nichols had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech. Nichols was asked if he had taken any medication, and Nichols replied “only Viagra.” Nichols refused to perform field sobriety tests or a urine test. Ryan O. Nichols, 43, 1936 Barth Road, Belpre, was arrested and transported to the Washington County Jail where he was charged with having physical control of a vehicle while under the influence.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Monday and Tuesday:
* Phillip Johnathin Jones, 30, 713 Walnut St., Belpre, driving under suspension and failing to yield at a stop sign, a misdemeanor.
* Jacob Clyde Hattle, 23, 1109 Hills Bridge Road, Marietta, resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
* Jason Dean Lanning, 36, 105 Melody Lane, Marietta, trafficking in drugs and permitting drug abuse, both felonies.
* Ryan O’Neil Nichols, 43, 1936 Barth Road, Belpre, having physical control of a vehicle, a misdemeanor.
* Dyanna Marie Davidson, 37, 620 Tenth St., Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Mark Evan Macaulay, 38, 2414 Norris Ave., Belpre, probation violation, a felony.