MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on March 4:
* On Feb. 26 Deputy Hall and Deputy Hockenberry began an investigation in the Palmer Township area regarding damaged mailboxes. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 27 Sgt. Holbert began an investigation into an unruly child. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 29 Deputy McConnell began an investigation in Little Hocking in reference to a vehicle window being broken out. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 29 Deputy Brown and Sgt. Carr responded to 560 Bender Road, Marietta, to a domestic incident between Amanda Dobbins and Curtis Benson. Dobbins called 911 reporting her boyfriend had just beaten her up. Deputies met with Benson and Dobbins at the residence. Dobbins stated Benson has beaten her up before and she doesn’t like calling the cops. Dobbins reported Benson wanted her to leave and as she was packing he struck her in the back, then grabbed her around the neck, striking her in the face. The previous night/morning Dobbins had been out and Benson sent her a text message telling her to get her stuff out (of the home). Dobbins returned home and they argued and then went separate ways in the home. At around 9 a.m. Benson woke and began yelling again, and struck Dobbins while she was packing her things. Benson did confirm some of the accounts of the day; however, he denied hitting Dobbins. Curtis Walter Benson, 58, 560 Bender Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On March 1, at approximately 9:07 p.m., Deputy Parks was dispatched to 4450 Barnett Ridge Road, Fleming, Ohio, in reference to Jaquline LeBoeuf attempting to leave the residence and David Taylor slashing her tires, preventing her from leaving. LeBoeuf had also locked herself in the vehicle in an attempt to get away from Taylor. Deputy Parks met with LeBoeuf who stated she had been in an argument with Taylor. LeBoeuf was in the residence and Taylor had stopped her from going anywhere. Taylor then grabbed LeBoeuf by the shoulders, moved her back to the stairs, and told her she was going to listen to him. Taylor then reportedly blocked the front doorway; however, she was able to walk into the kitchen. Taylor advised LeBoeuf she had to leave by the back door and he obtained a knife and went out the front door. LeBoeuf states she followed him out and observed him slash the rear passenger tire of her vehicle. Deputies were unable to locate Taylor for questioning and had been observed driving away in an old truck. A search of the area met with negatives results in locating Taylor. A warrant was requested and received through Marietta Municipal Court for David Michael Taylor, 29, on charges of unlawful restraint and criminal damaging.
* On March 2 Deputy Gainer received a warrant from the Magistrate Court of Wood County for the arrest of Owen Mason Dornon, charging him with threatening to commit a terrorist act, with or without intent to commit the act against the peace and dignity of the state. The information inmate Dornon gave when being booked into the Washington County Jail was compared with the warrant information, finding them to be a match. Dornon, 19, 278 Ridgewood Court, Apt. A, Marietta, was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between March 2 and 4:
* Chad Robert Dixon, 43, 1971 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, breach of recognizance, aggravated trafficking in drugs, aggravated possession of drugs, and having weapons while under disability/drug-related conviction, all felonies.
* Andrew Ryan Nunn, 35, 937 Gilman Ave., Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jeffrey Dean Worstell, 35, 280 Bethel Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Venita Jean Hunt, 35, 266 S. Grubb Street, Columbus, contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
* Glenn Williams Jr., 40, 3408 Vickrey Woods Place, High Point, North Carolina, possession of drugs/cocaine, a felony.
* Denzell Jerome Atlas, 27, 109 Picardy Court, Kernersville, North Carolina, improper discharging a firearm at or into a habitation or school, occupied structure (Lorain County warrant), improper handling firearms in a motor vehicle, and possession of drugs/cocaine, all felonies.
* Chase Dominick West, 25, 16 State Route 550, Amesville, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Leslie Ann Townsend, 37, 28 North Plains Road, Apt. C, The Plains, possession of drugs, a felony, and a warrant for theft out of Athens County, Ohio, a misdemeanor.
* Jennifer Kay Slone, 36, 411 Pennock Drive, Apt. D1, Beverly, disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.