ATHENS — The Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on March 24:
The following are incidents reported to the Sheriff’s Office on March 20 through March 22:
* Deputies responded to East First Street Storage Units, in The Plains, Ohio in reference to two units being damaged and broken into. The lock mechanisms were damaged, however no property appears to be missing at this time. A report was taken for the damage and no further actions were needed at this time.
* Deputies took a report of a dog bite complaint which occurred on State Route 681 S. The incident reportedly occurred several hours prior, and the suspect went to the hospital for a tetanus shot. The dog bite reportedly did not break skin and was referred to the Dog Warden for review.
* Deputies responded to Coolville for an active trespass complaint. The caller stated that a man had entered their house without permission. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke to the man, who had a nearby address. He stated that he had walked into the wrong house. The man appeared to be heavily intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics. EMS arrived on scene and transported the man to O’Bleness Hospital for treatment. Victor Clark was charged with criminal trespass, and issued a summons to appear in Athens County Municipal Court at a later date.
* Deputies responded to OH-144 in Coolville for a report of a disorderly person with some mental health issues. Deputies assessed the situation and determined that the subject in question would benefit from a mental health screening. Deputies transported the subject to O’Bleness Hospital for that mental health screening.
* Deputies received a call reporting a man threatening to kill himself with a knife. The caller advised that his family member stated he was going to kill himself and was holding a knife to his throat. On scene, the family advised that they had got the knife away from the man. Deputies spoke with him and he said he had multiple ongoing mental health issues. He said he needed to go to the hospital or else he was going to kill himself. EMS then transported the man to O’Bleness Hospital so he could be seen by a mental health professional.
* Deputies took a report by phone in reference to mail being stolen on Vore Ridge Road in Athens. The complainant stated that he noticed that his mail had been stolen. This case will be referred to the postmaster. No further action needed.
* A resident of Hamely Run Road reported that at an unknown time, a trailer hitch was stolen from his property. A report was taken.
* Deputies spoke with a male in reference to retrieving his property from a residence. Deputies advised the complainant of the steps to retrieve his property. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to Gun Club Road in New Marshfield for a report of a trespasser. Deputies spoke with the complainant who stated there was a male on the property who had lived at the residence. Deputies advised the complainant of the civil process. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to Oak Street in The Plains for a report of a male lying in the roadway. Deputies met with the complainant who stated they dropped the male off at a residence on Roy Avenue in The Plains. Deputies were advised the male was injured. Deputies met with the male who stated that he had fallen and hurt his shoulder. Deputies requested for Athens County EMS to the scene. EMS transported the male to the hospital. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to State Route 144 in Stewart for a third-party report of a domestic dispute. Deputies spoke with the victim who did not wish to make a statement on the incident. The victim only wished to leave the residence. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to 12th Street in Buchtel in reference to an abandoned car on the complainants property. Contact was made with the person in control of the vehicle to have it removed.
* Deputies were dispatched to an Angela Dr. residence on a report of suspicious persons burning on the creek bank. Upon arrival on scene the fire was out, and the persons were gone. Speaking to the complainant they advised the landlord came and spoke to the individuals whom put out the fire and then they all left. With the fire being out, and landlord making contact with the subject, deputies returned to patrol.
* Deputies assisted the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office on an attempt to locate a female with an active warrant at a residence on Niggemeyer Rd. The female was not located.
* Deputies responded to Waterworks Hill outside of Glouster for a domestic dispute. Caller advised a male family member was intoxicated and fighting with family. On scene, deputies were advised that no physical violence had occurred between parties. No one on scene was wishing to pursue criminal charges. The male agreed to voluntarily leave with a sober driver for the remainder of the evening to avoid further conflict. No further action needed.
* Deputies responded to Oak Street in The Plains for a third-party report of a domestic dispute. Deputies spoke with both parties who stated they were in a verbal argument. Both parties were separated for the evening. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to Red Dog Road in Glouster for a report of an abandoned vehicle. Deputies determined the vehicle was involved in a traffic crash that Ohio State Highway patrol was investigating. Ohio State Highway patrol arrived on scene. No further action taken.
* Deputies were on patrol when they observed a two vehicle accident on US 33 in Athens. Deputies assisted with the traffic accident. No further action taken.
* Deputies spoke with two females in regards to them “harassing” each other. Both parties were advised to leave each other alone, and if more problems occur, charges will be filed. No further action required at this time.
* Deputies were dispatched to Mill St. in Chauncey for a non injury accident. Information was collected and a report was taken.
The following are incidents reported to the Sheriff’s Office on March 23:
* Deputies were dispatched to Columbus Road Apartments in reference to a suspicious person complaint. Deputies made contact with a female subject. She indicated she was attempting to contact a friend who apparently used to reside at the apartment complex. Female subject walked away from area without incident. No further action taken. Return to patrol.
* Deputies took a theft report from York Paving on River Road in Guysville. Complainant reports that 5 catalytic converters and the 4″ muffler pipes were taken from the dump trucks. A report was taken on the incident and is currently under investigation.
* A male contacted the Sheriff’s Office advising that he has court ordered visitation of his children, and their mother would not allow him to have them. The caller advised that the mother was using the current COVID -19 situation as an excuse. The caller was advised that he would need to contact the courts to file contempt of court on the mother. Contact was attempted with the mother but she did not answer the phone. A message was left requesting a call back.