ATHENS — The Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on March 13:
* Deputies responded to Canaan Township for an unresponsive subject. The caller believed one of their daughter’s friends had shown up and was heavily intoxicated. EMS and deputies arrived on scene. The subject was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for treatment. The incident is under further review for possible criminal charges.
* Deputies were dispatched to Albany Marathon on a report of drugs that were located at the business. Deputies arrived on scene and the items were located.
* Deputies responded to Carol Lance in The Plains for a dispute. Deputies met with three involved parties who engaged in fighting during this incident. All three parties were given summons to court for disorderly by fighting. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to The Plains where the caller advised she was harassed. Contact was made with the female who advised that an unknown female was walking by the residence harassing her. The caller was advised that if she returned to call back.
* Deputies responded to Millfield for a possible scam. Contact was made with the caller who advised that she received a telephone call advising her social security number was going to be suspended. The female returned the call and provided personal information before she realized it was a scam. The female was advised on the next action to take, and to be more careful with who she provides her information to.
* Deputies responded to E. First St. in The Plains for a report of a suspicious person. Deputies made contact with employees of a company that was going door to door to inquire about changing utility rates. Deputies advised the subjects to call prior to going door to door. One of the subjects was found to have an arrest warrant. That subject was arrested and taken to SEORJ.
* Deputies responded to the Millfield area for a suspicious vehicle parked along the roadway. The vehicle was located with nobody around. The area was patrolled with negative contact.
* Deputies responded to North Plains Road in The Plains for a report of a theft. The complainant stated that someone had stolen his TV.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant by phone in reference to her missing dog. Caller stated she knew who had the dog, but this person had not returned it. Deputy contacted the person who has the dog who stated they were returning it to the owner today.
* Deputies responded to assist a mental health caretaker with their patient. Caller reported the subject was walking in the middle of the road in The Plains just being missed by vehicles. Deputies arrived on scene and the male was on the sidewalk at this time. Subject decided to go with the caretaker back to their facility.
* Deputies responded to the Millfield area for a report of a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle was off the roadway, but no persons were present in the area. Deputies patrolled the area for the owner who has a warrant, but were unable to locate him.
* Deputies conducted a well being check on Hawk Road in Athens. Deputies were unable to make physical contact despite speaking with the subject of the check by phone. The subject advised he was well despite having high anxiety caused by law enforcement response. Deputies returned to patrol.