MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Feb. 19:
* On Feb. 13 a dog belonging to Larry Joy, 1220 East Branch Road, Lowell, Ohio, was running loose. This dog ran onto another person’s property and charged at the property owner in an aggressive manner. The property owner was able to retreat to safety before the dog made contact. A summons is being requested for Joy on a charge of failure to restrain his dog and for failing to register his dog.
* On Feb. 13 Sgt. McGilton responded to Broughton Avenue, Marietta, to a dog running loose. This was reported as being an ongoing issue. Tabatha L. Norris, 35, 206 Broughton Ave., Apt. 3, Marietta, was located and retrieved her dog from the neighbor’s property. Norris advised that her dog has been loose a few times. A citation is being issued to Norris for failing to restrain and failure to register.
* On Feb. 13 Deputy Painter was on patrol in Marietta, when a vehicle was observed north on State Route 7 making an illegal U turn. A traffic stop was initiated; however, the vehicle turned onto State Route 550, sped up, and then turned onto Simpson Street. The traffic stop was conducted on Simpson Street. The driver, Brandon J. Vannoy, was asked why he was attempting to elude the officer. Vannoy stated he was headed to a party and he was just lost. Vannoy was asked if he had anything in the car that he should not. Vannoy said, “not that I can see.” Vannoy allowed the vehicle to be searched and located was a clear plastic bin with paraphernalia and baggies containing a green leafy substance (suspected marijuana). Vannoy stated the container had a “grinder” in it and also “Zig Zag” wraps. Brandon J. Vannoy, 19, 7905 Mount Carmel Road, St. Marys, was issued a minor misdemeanor citation for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* On Feb. 14 Deputy McConnell met with Josie Ruth, Clement Avenue, Belpre, in reference to her vehicle being entered and items of value being removed. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 14 Sgt. McGilton requested a summons be issued to Deborah S. Trudo, 1411 King St., Belpre, for failing to restrain her dog.
* On Feb. 15 Deputy Parks met with Kevin Sprouse, Righteous Ridge, Waterford, in reference to a stolen motorcycle. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 16 Deputy McConnell met with Debbie Stewart, Cutler, in reference to damage to a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
* On Feb. 18 Daniel Holdren, 2290 Danas Run Road, Newport, reported to Deputy Peters that his home was entered and items of value were removed. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Feb. 18-19:
* David Anthony Smith, 39, 261 S. Main St., Apt. C, Malta, probation violation, a felony.
* Daniel Adam Barefield, 33, 2742 Newhouse Drive, Charleston, possession of drugs, a felony.
* Robert John Kaufman, 34, 714 Moore Ave., Belpre, probation violation, a felony.
* Joseph Dominique Ryan, 25, 200 Pennock Drive, Lot 45, Beverly, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Nicole Dena Davis, 35, 204 Dale St., Marietta, on warrants for contempt of court, breach of recognizance, driving under FRA suspension, six counts loose dog, and failure to register a dog, all misdemeanors.
* Caitlyn Renee Ruble, 24, 1910 State Route 550, Cutler, parole violation, a felony.