ATHENS — The following incidents were reported by the Athens County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 10:
* A deputy responded to Vanderhoof Road in Coolville regarding tires being dumped on private property along the road. Photographs were taken and the case will be forwarded to the Environmental Division.
* Deputies responded to Albany to assist the Albany Police Department with a male suffering from mental health issues. Deputies arrived on scene and the male was later transported to OMH for an evacuation.
* Deputies were advised a male in Chauncey had located a dog walking on State Route 550. The male advised that he picked the dog up because he was afraid it would get hit. The owner’s information was obtained through the dog tag, and the owner was contacted. The owner met with the deputy and the dog was returned.
* Deputies with the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on Canal Street in Nelsonville. Deputies made contact with passengers of the vehicle and identified Terra Jo Hamilton, 43, of Nelsonville. Hamilton had two active warrants for her arrest. Deputies also deployed K9 Bora who indicated on the vehicle. A search was conducted and items suspected as paraphernalia in the use of heroin were located and seized. Hamilton could not be jailed at SEORJ due to lack of female bed space, and was advised to appear in court on Feb. 11. Additional charges are expected pending lab results from BCI.
* Deputies responded to Jacksonville for an animal complaint. Contact was made with the caller’s family who advised that a dog came into their yard and attacked their cat. They advised that they did not know who the dog belonged to, but it has been an ongoing issue of the dog coming onto their property. The caller advised they could not locate their cat and believed it was injured. The complainant was advised to call if the dog returned.
* Deputies were called to West First Street, The Plains for a drug overdose. Deputies arrived on scene with ACEMS. The female was transported to OMH for further treatment and a mental health screening.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office reported the following incidents on Feb. 12:
* Deputies responded to Shadow Creek Road in reference to assisting a homeowner with an animal problem. A raccoon chased the homeowner’s dog inside the residence and was now trapped in the laundry room. Deputies were able to use a dog crate the homeowner had on hand to capture said animal, then release it into the woods in the backyard. Neither the dog nor raccoon had any apparent injuries from their encounter.
* A deputy responded to The Plains area on a deceased female. The female was located inside her residence and found by a family member. The deceased female was removed and taken to Jagers Funeral Home.
* Deputies responded to E. Scatter Ridge Road in Athens for a report of a theft of checks. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to The Plains for a report of theft. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies assisted a resident of Vinton County with retrieving a vehicle from someone she lent it to in Chauncey.