ATHENS — The following reports were released by Athens County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 3:
* A deputy responded to the Coolville area regarding a stolen vehicle being recovered. On arrival it was determined that the vehicle was taken from a business in Coolville and located on Dixon Road earlier in the morning. The gas tank on the vehicle was removed. This incident is under investigation.
* Deputies were dispatched to a residence on Vore Ridge Road regarding a dispute. Upon arrival it was determined the female had already left the residence. This has been an ongoing issue and this case will be sent to the Prosecutor’s Office to review for possible criminal charges.
* Deputies took a report of lost/stolen vehicle tags. The tags were expired; however, they ended up on a vehicle that was towed by the Corning Police Department. The tags do not belong on the vehicle that was towed and the person(s) listed to the tags have no idea how they ended up on the vehicle in Corning. Corning PD was notified of this report.
* Deputies were called to Valero in The Plains where an employee had located a small Ziploc-style baggy on the floor near the cash register. The baggy contained a white crystal substance believed to be methamphetamine. The substance was logged into evidence to be destroyed.
* Deputies responded to Jordan Run Road in Coolville for a report of a breaking and entering. Deputies found multiple parties on scene and determined that one of them had illegally broken into a garage and was taking property out of it. Deputies spoke with the homeowners who advised the suspect did not have permission to be on the property. That subject was arrested for breaking and entering. He was transported to SEORJ.
* Deputies were dispatched to South Plains Road for a report of assault. Upon arrival, the victim advised that a female had assaulted her. Statements and photographs were collected. The suspect fled prior to units arriving on scene. A warrant will be requested for her arrest.
* Deputies responded to a report of a controlled burn of a hayfield in Trimble Township. This matter will be reviewed by the Athens County Sheriff’s Office Environmental Deputy.
* Deputies were requested to assisted ACEMS with an altered mental status call in Jacksonville. Deputies responded to the residence with ACEMS and assisted them with removing the patient.
* Deputies responded to Liars Corner Road regarding an unwanted subject at a residence. Contact was made with the owner who stated her granddaughter had not lived at this residence in over a year. The caller stated she wanted the granddaughter to gather her things and leave. Contact was made with the granddaughter and she was advised of the complaint. The granddaughter did get her belongings and left the residence without incident.
* Deputies tagged a vehicle that was abandoned on private property in the Jacksonville area. No contact information for the owner of the vehicle was given by the landowner.
* A deputy assisted the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office in transporting a male subject with warrants from the Millfield area to the regional jail.
* Deputies were dispatched to Movies Ten in reference to a female who was possibly intoxicated. Upon arrival, contact was made with the female. It was determined that she was not impaired. Deputies then transported the female to a local residence. No further action needed.
* Deputies received a complaint of a female acting odd at the Valero Gas Station in The Plains. Deputies patrolled the area but did not locate the female or her described vehicle at that time. No further action was taken at that time.
* Deputies received a request for a well being check of an individual residing in York Township. Deputies made contact with the individual in question who advised they just did not want to speak with their friend at that time and had ignored their calls.
ATHENS — The following incidents were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 4:
* A deputy responded to the Buchtel area on a report of theft. A report was taken on the incident and is under investigation.
* Deputies took a theft report via phone. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Dutch Ridge Road in Guysville for a report of a canine issue. Deputies gathered the information and this case will be sent to the Athens County Dog Warden.
* Deputies were called to Center Street in Mineral for an active dispute. The caller stated that his two brothers were fighting. When deputies arrived on scene the two males had left the area.
* Deputies received a blue slip from Hopewell to make contact with a suicidal male in The Plains and transport him to hospital. Contact was made with the subject and he was transported without incident.
* Deputies responded to Carbondale Road for a report of a dispute. Deputies spoke with the involved party who stated he was in a dispute with multiple subjects. Deputies were given conflicting stories on what occurred. During the investigation, deputies determined that one of the males was hallucinating and believed that his house was burned to the ground. Deputies transported the male to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
* Deputies responded to Lottridge Road in Guysville for a report of a neighbor dispute. Deputies spoke with both parties and advised them to not have any contact with each other for the rest of the evening.