PARKERSBURG — The following reports were released on Jan. 30 by the Wood County Sheriff’s Office:
From Jan. 27-Jan. 29, the sheriff’s office answered 146 calls.
* (10) Traffic Stops
* (6) Mental Hygiene Orders
* (6) Intrusion Alarms
* (9) Domestic Complaints and Domestic Order Services
* (11) Motor Vehicle Accidents
* (4) Warrant Services
* (13) Area Checks
* (17) Speak with Complainant by Phone/in Person
* (9) Suspicious Vehicles/Persons
* On Jan. 27, citations were issued to Jacob Detric Adams, 21, of 19th Street, Vienna, for driving on suspended/revoked, no insurance, expired registration and no or expired MVI.
* On Jan. 27, a deputy responded to Amerigas Propane on Buckeye Street in reference to unknown person(s) cutting the lock off the cage holding the propane tanks. The employee stated that nothing appears to be missing just the lock lying on the ground that had been cut.
* On Jan. 27, deputies responded to Green Valley Road in reference to serving a warrant. Thomas Edward Hall Jr., 52, of Green Valley Road, was arrested for charges of prohibited person possessing a firearm, possession of marijuana and a bond violation as he is on bond for violation of a domestic violence protective order.
* On Jan. 28, Jack Elwood Willey III, 33, of Valley View Drive, was arrested on charges of domestic battery.
* Jan. 28, a deputy responded to the Quality Inn on 37th Street in reference to a possible destruction of property. The front desk manager stated that a subject had checked out leaving the room a disaster. The deputy observed clothes and trash scattered on the floor. The manager stated the only thing damaged was the lock for the window where they attempted to open the window to smoke which is not allowed. The lock had not been broken but taken off by unscrewing the two screws holding it in place.
* On Jan. 29, a deputy responded to I-77 mile marker 160 in reference to a single-vehicle rollover. The driver stated she was not injured and reported that she was northbound and due to the weather conditions she lost control of the vehicle causing it to rollover and becoming stuck in the ditch off the shoulder.
* On Jan. 29, a deputy responded to a motor vehicle crash at the 163 mile marker southbound exit of Rockport. The driver stated he lost control striking a guardrail while negotiating a turn.
* On Jan. 29, Robert Owen Beaver, 41, of 26th Street was issued a citation for driving on suspended/revoked, a second offense.
* On Jan. 29, a deputy responded to the Travel Lodge in reference to items being taken from the room. The complainant reported that a female and two subjects had checked into the room and upon checkout it was observed that a 32-inch Phillips television and a mini fridge had been taken.
* On Jan. 29, deputies responded to the intersection of Marrtown Road and Fries Parkway in reference to a single-vehicle accident. The driver was taken to CCMC and DOH was notified that approximately 23 guardrail posts and 10 sections of guardrail fence were damaged beyond repair. Investigation is ongoing.
* On Jan. 29, a deputy spoke with the complainant who reported that his vehicle had been parked between Deerwalk Highway and Mountwood Park on Robert Byrd Highway on Jan. 25 awaiting to be towed. The complainant stated that it was not towed until Jan. 27 at which time several items had been taken from the vehicle, including a stereo system, a jump pack, his battery and other items. An investigation is ongoing.