PARKERSBURG –The Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Jan. 23:
From Jan. 16-20, the sheriff’s office answered 190 calls, including 22 traffic stops, two mental hygiene orders, 11 intrusion alarms, 13 domestic complaints and domestic order services, 14 motor vehicle accidents, eight warrant services, eight area checks, two animal complaints and seven suspicious vehicles/persons.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant who said she left her lime green Jeep on U.S. 50 near West Virginia 31 after experiencing mechanical issues and when she returned to get it, the vehicle was gone. No records were located of law enforcement agencies having the vehicle towed, and she had contacted numerous tow companies with no records of them having it. The vehicle was entered into NCIC as stolen.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant in reference to a larceny of a saddle. The complainant said she goes to school at Meredith Manor and the saddle was in the back of her truck when she left the school. She had gone through the drive through at McDonald’s and to the BFS on Emerson Avenue, at which time she observed her tailgate was down and the saddle was gone.
* Michael Nickleson Deem, 43, of Farrow Hill Road, was arrested on a charge of possession of a deadly weapon by a prohibited person.
* Ernest Wade Boley, 41, of Pine Circle, was arrested on a charge of third-offense driving on a suspended license. He was processed and released on bond.
* Hester Ginamarie Dobbins, 34, of 15th Avenue, was arrested on three worthless check warrants. She was processed and released on bond.
* Deputies responded to Wood County Magistrate Court to Eric Leon Parkins, 37, of Pike Street, after his original charge of felony failure to appear was lowered to a misdemeanor. He was processed on the lesser charge and released from custody.
* Robyn Michelle Deem, 46, of Loomis Ridge Road, was arrested on a charge of obstruction.
* A deputy responded to Lake Washington Road in reference to a motor vehicle accident. The deputy observed the vehicle to be off the roadway to the right and where the vehicle had come into contact with a stump and a cable support for a telephone pole. A citation was issued to Andrew M. Steele, 27, of Meadville Road, for no proof of insurance and driving on a suspended/revoked license.
* Deputies responded to Foam Coat Roofing and Coatings Inc. in reference to a larceny in progress. The complainant reported someone unsuccessfully attempted to cut a catalytic converter off a vehicle in the parking lot.
* Micheal Scott Wyatt, 51, of Hickory Heights Road, was issued a citation for no proof of insurance.
* Kaitlin Marie Leadman, 25, of Birch Street, Elizabeth, was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance, heroin; possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana; and no insurance.
* Deputies responded to the Hillbilly Inn in reference to catalytic converters being removed from two vehicles in the parking lot. The investigation is ongoing.
* Richard Roy Harlow, 34, of Sharon Street, was arrested on felony warrants for three counts of fraud.
* A deputy responded to Interstate 77, mile marker 175, regarding a vehicle hitting a construction cone. The complainant reported that the cone was in the middle of the roadway and when she came around the bend she hit it, causing a crack on the front bumper of her vehicle. The deputy observed that the cone did not look like a state construction cone given the size and that it had probably fallen off a regular work truck. There was minor damage to the front bumper.
* A deputy met with a complainant in reference to damage to her property on Keller Lane. The deputy observed several windows that appeared to have been shot out by either a BB or pellet gun. The investigation is ongoing.