PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Jan. 3:
From Dec. 30-Jan. 3, the department answered 240 calls, including 13 traffic stops, nine area checks, three warrant services, 19 complaints by phone, 11 domestic in progress, five domestic violence orders served, 11 motor vehicle accidents, five assist motorist.
* Laura May Mace, 33, of 19th Street was arrested on a warrant for violation of a domestic violence protective order. She was arraigned and released on $2,000 bond.
* Thomas Edward Hall Jr., 52, Green Valley Road, Rockport, was arrested on two warrants for violation of a domestic violence protective order.
* Deputies responded to Kohl’s Department Store for a shoplifting. Loss Prevention reported a male was inside the store and two females were inside the dressing rooms. The male admitted to using a knife to cut off security tags and the two females were found to have taken off the security tags and placed items into their purses. Cited were Clarence Michael Francis, 30, State Route 550, Marietta, for shoplifting; Susan Kaye Rummer, 38, Grandview Avenue, for shoplifting; and Courtney Nichole Clayton, 27, of John Street, Belpre, for shoplifting second-offense and arrested on a capias for possessing a controlled substance without a prescription.
* Deputies responded to Dutch Ridge Road Apartments for a 911 hang up where a call had come into the 911 Center with dispatchers hearing a woman yelling before hanging up. Deputies made contact with the male and female with the female stating that an argument ensued between the two and then the male began punching her. Lever Lee Cecil, 36, of Dutch Ridge Road, was arrested on charges of domestic battery and domestic assault.
* Adam Leroy Knopp, 25, Willard Street, was arrested on charges of driving on suspended/revoked second-offense and a felony capias.
* Dustin Zachary Cunningham, 25, Olive Street, was issued citations for speeding, no mvi, no registration and a warning citation for defective equipment.
* Zachery Davis Wilcox, 20, Division Street Extension, was arrested on charges of DUI and underage consumption.
* A deputy responded to I-77 near the 166 mile marker for a single-vehicle accident. The driver said she believed a tire went flat or something and she struck the guardrail. A crash report was taken and a citation was issued to Laquiche Mae Jones, 24, of Wildwood Drive for no insurance.
* Deputies responded to Worthington Lane for a domestic situation. Deputies were advised the male party had left the residence and upon speaking with the female she advised an argument ensued and he had left. The complainant was advised on how to obtain a domestic violence protective order she had no questions and required no further assistance. Area was checked with negative contact with the male.
* A deputy responded to Harris Highway for a breaking and entering. The complainant said his workshop had been entered by someone and several items were taken, including gas cans and Stihl Chainsaws.
* Deputies were dispatched to Egypt Run Road for a domestic in progress at which time the complainant had left and was going to meet the deputies at another location. The complainant said she and her boyfriend had been in an argument when he punched her in the arm several times and began breaking items in the house. Deputies went to the residence and made contact with the male and observed several items to be broken inside the residence. Khaled G. Alhawawsheh, 51, Egypt Run Road, was arrested on charges of domestic battery.