MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Jan. 24:
* A deputy began an investigation Jan. 19 in Newport in reference to a stolen walnut tree. On Wednesday, the deputy met with Jason Strickler in reference to items located on his property. The logs were suspected of being stolen in a current investigation. Strickler would not advise who the logs and trailer belonged to; however, he stated they had been on his property since Dec. 26. On Thursday, the logs and trailer were no longer on Strickler’s property. Strickler stated he spoke with the person they belonged to and they must have come and gotten them, stating he didn’t know his name. Jason Lee Strickler, 41, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested and transported to the Washington County Jail on a charge of obstructing justice.
* A deputy responded to the Pit Stop on Ohio 821, Marietta, on Monday in reference to a theft of cash. This case remains under investigation.
Warrants listed in Washington County:
* Malinda S. Giovannelli, of 1983 Longwell Road, Brockway, Pa., violating a protection order.
* Nathan Wayne Davis, of 177 Lawn Lane, Belpre, animals at large.
* Steven Brett Pinkerman, of 3011 Barth Road, Belpre, animals at large.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Andrew Ryan Nunn, 35, of 2146 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jason Lee Strickler, 41, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested for obstructing justice, a misdemeanor.
* Samantha Lenay Gittelle Rothstein, 25, of 717 Circle Drive, Belpre, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.
* Renee Lee Luke, 38, of 822 Clifton St., Marietta, was arrested for petty theft, a misdemeanor.
* Michael Jermaine Dixon, 36, of 822 Clifton St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony, and driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* David Wayne Wriston, 35, of 683 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.