MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Jan. 22:
* Deputy Painter responded to 28305 State Route 7, Marietta, to a report of John Jacoby being in possession of marijuana. Jacoby had left the business on foot and was located by Sgt. Reeder. Jacoby had surrendered the marijuana to Reeder. When asked if he (Jacoby) had anything else in his possession he allegedly stated he had some “more stuff,” producing a bag from under his jacket, stating the bag contained “speed,” which he stated meant methamphetamine. Other paraphernalia was located as well as a container with drug residue. John Edgar Jacoby, 39, 4304 14th Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested and charged with possession of drugs, two counts, both felonies and possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors. Jacoby was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* Deputies Brown and McConnell responded to 1635 Clark Road, Cutler, in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A male and female were observed outside the home, Joshua Welch and Ronnie Welch. Both subjects reported having arguments. Ronnie M. Welch, 29, and Joshua Ray Welch, 27, 1635 Clark Road, Cutler, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct.
* Sgt. McGilton filed for a summons through Marietta Municipal Court on Russell A. McCabe, 52, 141 Franklin St., Marietta, for failing to obtain reasonable control of a vicious dog, failing to securely confine a dangerous dog, failing to obtain proper dangerous dog registration, and failing to immediately report an incident. In May 2019 McCabe’s dog was designated a dangerous dog as a result of a dog bite incident on March 30, 2019 at 141 Franklin St.. McCabe was ordered to comply with the dangerous dog designation and should have obtained proper registration, which he failed to do. McGilton was unable to verify if the dog had been neutered and microchipped, which are also requirements of this designation. McCabe kept his dog confined inside his residence and used Dutch-style door as the barrier to keep this dog confined in a room. On Jan. 16, McCabe’s dog bit a friend of his while they were visiting at McCabe’s residence.
* Deputy Young began an investigation regarding a resident being scammed out of $3,000. This case remains under investigation.
* Sgt. McKee began an investigation regarding a resident being scammed out of $1,9000. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Jan. 21-22:
* Aaron Joseph Marshall, 42, 805 Carlisle Ave., Belpre, parole violation, a felony.
* Kevin Markus Foley, 29, 10084 Brunswick Ave., Cleveland, receiving stolen property and aggravated assault, felonies, fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.
* Jennifer Lynn Bittner, 25, 1700 Residential Way Apt. 203, West Palm Beach, Fla., receiving stolen property, a felony, drug paraphernalia and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
* Christian Alan Evanoff, 24, 249 State Route 530, Lowell, probation violation, a misdemeanor.