MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Jan. 16:
* Deputy Brown was dispatched to 705 Lawton Road, Marietta, to a report of a male occupant being belligerent with state employees at that location. The male identified himself as Joseph Workman, stating he was there to collect items from the home for his brother. Deputy Brown detected an odor of an intoxicating beverage about Workman’s person while speaking with him. Workman’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy, and his speech was slurred. Workman stated he had arrived at the residence in the orange Toyota truck that was parked there and was there approximately 30 minutes prior to Brown arriving. Workman, 21, 49522 Moore Ridge Road, Jerusalem, Ohio, was placed under arrest for OVI.
* Deputy Painter was dispatched to Lowell Hill Road to a single-vehicle crash. Rebecca Lynn Miller, 18, 85 Waterford Road, Waterford, was driving a 2004 Mercury Sable when she failed to negotiate the turn striking the guardrail. A citation was issued to Miller for failure to control.
* Deputy Kehl was dispatched to Par Mar Store #7, 17785 State Route 7, Marietta, to a report of stolen merchandise. Video footage revealed two males entering the store, with one being identified as Justin Brian Hines. Deputies made contact with Hines who initially denied being in the Par Mar Store, but eventually admitted to being at the store and finally admitted to stealing the merchandise, officials said. Hines, 23, 106 Devol Drive, Marietta, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail, charged with theft.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Jan. 15-16:
* Ryan Dakota Harding, 20, 326 Oak St., Jamestown, Tennessee, OVI, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, no operator’s license and speed, all misdemeanors.
* Justin Brian Hines, 23, 106 Devol Drive, Marietta, theft, a misdemeanor.
* Gregory Glenor Woods, 63, 5209 Marseilles Drive, Apt. B, North Charleston, South Carolina, no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
* Robert Jacob Becker Jr., 75, 830 Fourth St., Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.