ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Jan. 29:
* Deputies responded to The Plains area on harassment from a caregiver. Contact was made with the caller who did not want contact made with caregiver. Caller was concerned and wanted the incident on file.
* Deputies made contact with a male subject who was in need of a mental evaluation. Subject was transported to hospital.
* Deputies were called to High Street in Glouster for a domestic dispute. The caller stated that the dispute was between the stepfather and stepdaughter. Both parties advised that the incident was verbal only. The male did have an active warrant out of Athens County. Shane G. Elkins was arrested and transported to SEORJ without further incident.
* Deputies was dispatched to Jacobs Avenue in Chauncey in regard to a breaking and entering. The unattached garage had been forcibly entered by the main door. According to the owner, items inside the garage had been moved around but nothing appeared to be missing.
* Deputies responded to State Route 144 in Coolville for a report of a theft. The complainant stated that metal was taken from his property.
* Deputies responded to E. Scatter Ridge Road in Athens for a report of a theft issue. The complainant stated they had a service cut of walnut trees and that they took them to a mill for a 50 percent cut of the profit from the trees. The subject that cut the trees has not had any communication and no money has been exchanged at this time. This case is under further investigation.
* Deputies responded to Brimstone Road in Coolville for a report of a trespasser. The complainant stated that a female had driven on her property and ultimately got stuck and damaged the property. The female was served with a trespass complaint for the property and the vehicle was removed from the property.
* Deputies responded to Red Dog Road with Jacksonville Fire Department for a report of an illegal burn. This case remains under investigation.