ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Jan. 16:
* Deputies were dispatched to a Mill Street residence in Chauncey on a theft report.
* Deputies were dispatched to Rite Aid in The Plains on a theft report. The business reported receiving a package that had been tampered with upon arrival, with items missing.
* Deputies did a well-being check on a male in the Trimble Township area. He ended up being taken to the hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies took a walk-in theft report from a female who stated she and her father had several checks stolen and used to take money out of their bank account. This case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Carter Road, where a caller advised that a ladder and grill had been placed on her property by an unknown individual. Anybody with information is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office.
* Deputies took a walk-in report of harassment. The alleged suspect denied the allegations and was told if he was doing anything, he needed to stop.
* Deputies took a report at the office regarding harassment by phone. The complainant provided information that the suspect called from a recognized number, but the individual could not identify the voice. This case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Rainbow Lake Road in Shade for a report of a vehicle honking its horn. Deputies made contact at the residence, and the issue was resolved.
* Deputies responded to Lang Road in Nelsonville for a report of a canine that showed up to the complainant’s residence. Deputies transported the canine to the dog shelter.
* Deputies took a report of phone harassment and advised the complainant of measures to take to block the number.