ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Jan. 10:
The following are reports from Jan. 9:
* Deputies responded to Waterloo Township for a 911 hang up call. A woman had called 911 but dispatchers were not able to make out what she was saying. On scene, deputies observed most of the windows of the residence were wide open. Contact was made with the homeowner. He advised that his wife had left a pan of food on the stove and it had caught fire. He stated they were just airing out the house but no one was hurt and the fire was safely out. No medical treatment or additional assistance was requested.
* A resident of Fox Lake Road came to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office to report an incident of harassment.
* Deputies took a report of a burglary that occurred on Railroad Street in New Marshfield. This case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Vore Ridge Road in Athens for a report of a package that was delivered to the complainant’s residence that contained marijuana. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to the Marathon in Chauncey for a report of a counterfeit $100 bill. Deputies collected the bill for evidence. The case was under further investigation.
* A female contacted the sheriff’s office advising that somebody had stolen the license plates from her husband’s vehicle.
* Deputies responded to State Route 13 for a report of an alarm. Deputies checked the building and found no signs of forced entry.