ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Dec. 26:
The following are calls for Dec. 23-25:
* Michael Martin Jr. was arrested on a protection order violation. Martin was located in the Coolville area, taken to the Regional Jail and appeared on the charge Thursday.
* Deputies were dispatched to Jacobs Avenue in Chauncey in reference to property damage and an attempted forced entry into an outbuilding. A lock on the structure and the hasp were pried on and destroyed. There are no known witnesses to this incident.
* Deputies were on patrol when a disabled vehicle was observed on U.S. 33 near The Plains. Deputies assisted the motorist with putting road flares out. The motorist advised that he had help on the way.
* Deputies responded to Roy Avenue in The Plains in reference to an open door on an abandoned residence. Upon arrival deputies cleared the residence and had negative contact with any subjects. The residence was secured.
* Deputies responded to Mill Street for two runaway juveniles. Deputies made contact with two separate parents who reported their sons running away from home. Deputies patrolled throughout the shift and did not locate the juveniles, and had them entered into LEADS as runaway missing persons.
* Deputies responded to Gun Club Road on a report of theft. The caller stated someone had taken 30 cords of firewood from his property.
* A female contacted the sheriff’s office advising she believed her mother gave personal information to a scam. The caller advised they have already taken all the appropriate steps but wanted a report on file. At the time of the call no transactions had been posted to the account.
* Deputies responded to Millfield for a trespass complaint. The caller reported they caught a truck behind one of their locked gates. The subjects in the vehicle said they were lost and just wanted off the property. The truck drove around the gate and left the area prior to deputies arriving. The incident is under further review pending a check of the property for damage.
* Deputies responded to North Clinton Street in The Plains for a report of a child custody issue. The complainant advised that her daughter was inside her in-law’s residence and they were refusing to return the child to her. It was determined that the children were at the complainant’s residence with her husband and mother in law. The involved parties were advised that their custody disagreement needed to be dealt with civilly or by civil litigation.