PARKERSBURG — Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Nov. 7:
* A deputy responded to U.S. 50 (Robert Byrd Highway) in reference to a single-vehicle accident involving a bear. The driver stated she was westbound on U.S. 50 when a bear ran into the roadway striking the vehicle. No injuries were reported; the bear was deceased upon the deputy arriving and the vehicle was towed.
* Timothy Allen Caplinger, 34, of Whispering Pines Court, was arrested on charges of obstructing an officer, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
* A deputy spoke with a complainant in reference to his mail being stolen from his mailbox on Hill Avenue. The complainant stated that he found some of his mail strewn about on Power Avenue and on Wayside Farm Drive. The deputy was given other mail that appears to have been taken from another mailbox.
* Kierra Lynn Bays Green, 20, of Berry Street, turned herself in on a warrant for knowingly or intentionally possessing a controlled substance without a valid prescription. The warrant was issued through the Wood County Sheriff’s Office.
* A deputy responded to Pond Creek Road in reference to a single-vehicle accident. The driver reported that he had swerved to miss a deer causing him to exit the roadway into the ditch line. The vehicle sustained minor damage.
* A deputy responded to I-77 at mile marker 162 in reference to a single-vehicle crash. The driver reported that he had looked away from the roadway to check something in his truck when the vehicle exited the roadway striking a guardrail. The vehicle skidded along the guardrail approximately 80-100 feet before coming to rest on the berm. The vehicle was towed and no injuries were reported.
* A deputy responded to Mill Run Road in reference to a burglary that had already occurred. The complainant reported that about a week ago a neighbor had observed an open door and the residence had been rummaged through. At this time the residence had been entered again and the home had been completely “trashed”; the boxes which had been sealed had been opened and dumped out. An investigation is ongoing.
* Frederick Wayne Fly II, 43, was taken into custody on a felony warrant for malicious wounding issued through the Parkersburg Police Department.
* Kenneth Duwayne Smarr, 45, of Birnhamwood Drive, turned himself in on a warrant for knowingly or intentionally possessing a controlled substance without a prescription. The warrant was issued through the Wood County Sheriff’s Office.
* A deputy responded to the area of Harris Highway and Dr. Judy Road in reference to a vehicle accident involving a deer. The driver stated the deer jumped in front of the vehicle doing minor damage to the front bumper. The steering wheel air bag deployed; however, the vehicle was able to be driven to her residence. No injuries were reported.