MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Wednesday:
* Gerald Wells, of 28679 Torch Road, Coolville, reported a theft on Nov. 5. This case remains under investigation.
* On Nov. 6, deputies and the Fearing Volunteer Fire Department responded to 2460 Pleasant Ridge Road, to a vehicle on fire. The fire was quickly extinguished by fire personnel. A man at the scene stated he had been working on the vehicle and the vehicle backfired and caught fire.
* On Nov. 6, a deputy filed for and received a warrant for the arrest of Elaine Diddle, 64, of 2112 Rogers Road, Rossville, Ga., on a charge of interference with custody. On/or about Oct. 18 Diddle obtained emergency custody of a 15-year-old child. The juvenile had been in the custody of a Washington County resident. After obtaining emergency custody Diddle and the juvenile immediately moved to Georgia. On Oct. 29 the custody order was reversed and granted back to the previous custodian; however, the juvenile was in Georgia. The sheriff’s office learned that Diddle gaining custody was not correct, which is why the custodian was able to have the custody orders reversed so quickly.
After obtaining custody back, the Washington County resident traveled to Georgia to obtain custody of the juvenile. When the subject arrived at Diddle’s residence, Diddle refused to turn over the juvenile. The Walker County Sheriff’s Office was contacted; however, they refused to enforce an out of state court order. The subject was further ordered to leave Diddle’s property by Georgia law enforcement. The court advised that Diddle was agreeing to turn the juvenile over to the custodian; therefore she traveled back to Georgia only to have Diddle again refuse her custody.
On Oct. 31, Washington County Common Pleas Juvenile Division Judge Timothy Williams provided the custodian with a court order, that again stated custody was to be returned. The order stated that Diddle shall return the juvenile to the custodian in Ohio immediately and that failure to do so could result in a charge of interference with custody. The order was served on Diddle’s attorney. Attempts to contact Diddle in Georgia by Washington County deputies have resulted in negative contact. This charge is a fifth-degree felony.
* A deputy responded to Cedarbark Apartments, 26935 State Route 7, Marietta, on Nov. 6 in reference to a report of Michele M. Brown outside yelling and screaming. Brown had directly confronted the caller, over workplace issues. Brown admitted to her behavior, which was observed by other residents. A summons is being requested for Michele M. Beaver, 47, of 10 Browns Road, Apt. 6B, Marietta, for disorderly conduct.
* A deputy responded to 14350 State Route 555, Cutler, on Nov. 7 to conduct a welfare check on Rebecca Rooney. A report was received that Matthew Rooney had threatened to kill Rebecca. A warrant was requested for Matthew Allan Rooney, 41, on a charge of domestic violence. Rooney was arrested later in the day in Nelsonville and was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* A deputy received a warrant on Nov. 7 from the Magistrate Court of Wood County, West Virginia for the arrest of Kenneth Elbridge Sewell, on charges of grand larceny. Sewell, 52, of 171 Fourth St., Belpre, was provided with a copy of the warrant and was further charged with being a fugitive from justice.
* A deputy began an investigation Nov. 7 into a counterfeit bill received for payment from a Belpre resident. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy began an investigation Friday at Midway Machine, Gravel Bank Road, Marietta, regarding a breaking and entering at that location.
* On Sunday, deputies were dispatched to Marietta Township to meet with Nikola Kukich who had a camper entered and items missing. This case remains under investigation.
* A deputy responded to Highland Ridge Road on Sunday regarding a domestic violence incident. Shelley Waterman advised she allowed her son, Derek, to live with her. Shelley stated Derek has verbally and mentally abused her daily. On this date, Derek continued in his actions over her not paying his cellphone bill. Derek went from name-calling to standing over her with a drawn fist as if he was going to strike her, to him taking a pillow and pushing it into her face and neck area, and striking her with it. Shelley stated during the tirade Derek also pulled her hair. Shelley then fled the home and said Derek chased after her until she called for law enforcement. Derek Jerome Waterman, 26, of 6544 Highland Ridge Road, Lowell, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Matthew Allan Rooney, 41, of 14350 State Route 550, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* James Dennis Rhodes, 44, of 425 County House Lane, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, and driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Shaun Marie Bronson, 50, of 9940 State Route 550, Vincent, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a felony.
* Troy Eugene McKown, 36, of 37348 Wagner Road, Dexter City, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jason Joe Haught, 39, of 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jordan Stephan Miller, 25, of 703 Clement Ave., Belpre, was arrested for nonsupport of dependents.
* Cammille Lee Leach, 37, of 205 Montgomery St,. Marietta, was arrested for theft and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors.
* Christopher Wayne Radcliff, 49, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested on a warrant for an escape out of Muskingum County, a felony.
* Brian Denver Hess, 43, homeless, was arrested for theft, possessing drug abuse instruments, misdemeanors, and probation violation, a felony.
* Derek Jerome Waterman, 26, of 6544 Highland Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor, and parole violation, a felony.
* Adam Joseph Hadley, 30, of 605 Pearl St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Megan Cheyenne Roach, 27, of 314 Lancaster St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, having weapons while under disability and breach of recognizance, all felonies.
* Eric Lane Reed, 40, of 4835 Madison Run Road, Stockport, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, a misdemeanor.
* Andrew Joe Lucas, 45, of 4875 Rainbow Road, Lowell, was arrested for contempt of court.
* Donald Eugene Bartimus, Jr., 39, of 2346 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor.
* Ashley Danielle McPherson, 36, of 104 Dye Circle, Marietta, was arrested for illegal conveyance of drugs, a felony, and conspiracy to traffic in drugs, a misdemeanor.
* Aiden Jacob Taylor, 19, of 48950 Sunfish Creek Road, Clarington, was arrested for theft, and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
* David Scott Jones, 34, of 836 Pike St., Apt. 6, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
* Jodi Lynn Cain, 35, of 38 Kurzen Road, Dalton, was arrested for contempt of court, probation violation, and contempt, failure to appear, all misdemeanors, aggravated possession of drugs, two counts, and contempt of court, felonies.
* Ronald Howard Husk, 21, of 14 Edgewood Drive, Mansfield, was arrested for breach of recognizance and contempt of court, both felonies.
* Tanner Daniel Weddle, 19, of 2235 Bells Run Road, Newport, was arrested for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a misdemeanor.