MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges Oct. 30:
* Sgt. McKee responded to Marietta Motors, 25935 State Route 7, Marietta, to a report of a stolen motor vehicle. The car lot owner, Travis Westfall, reported the motor vehicle, a black 2005 Ford F150, was taken between Oct. 23-25. On Oct. 28 Fairmont Police Department had located this vehicle and had arrested Melanie A. Blake for receiving stolen property. On Oct. 29 Blake was interviewed about the vehicle and she allegedly admitted to having possession; however, she denied taking it from the lot. A search of the vehicle revealed letters from Blake to her boyfriend. The letters reveal that Blake had tried to “boost” a motor vehicle, but she got scared. She further wrote, “finaly got my truck its real nice black with left kit 5-150 tonell cover.” The vehicle also had a stolen registration attached to it, and there appeared to be other stolen items in the vehicle, which she stated were from stores. A warrant was requested and issued for Melanie Ann Blake, 45, 20 Benton Avenue, Parkersburg, for breaking and entering and theft of a motor vehicle.
* Deputy Young began an investigation in Warren Township in reference to two concrete lawn lions stolen from the residence. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Brown began an investigation into counterfeit money being passed in Washington County. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Hunter was dispatched to 305 Gale Avenue, Newport, to a 911 hang up where the dispatcher could hear a woman in the background yelling at someone. Clarice Byers met with Lt. Hunter and advised her husband, Larry Byers, had fallen. Hunter asked to see Larry to make sure he was OK. Hunter encountered Larry on the bathroom floor. Hunter asked Larry what had happened with Clarice interrupting him several times to the point where she was told to leave the room so he could speak with Larry. Larry advised Hunter he fell and needed help getting up. Larry further stated that Clarice came in and attempted to make him clean up a mess he made and refused to help him up. He stated that Clarice then threw a pan of hot water on Larry which he stated hurt very much. Larry stated he did attempt to get himself up off of the floor but was pushed back down by the defendant. Clarice had several different explanations as to how Larry got wet but denied throwing water on him and/or assaulting him by pushing him. Clarice Lavonne Byers, 79, 305 Gale Ave., Newport, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Oct. 28-29:
* Philip Allen Motley, 34, 169 Second Lane, Belpre, driving under suspension and no seatbelt, both misdemeanors.
* Levi Harrison Reynolds, 25, 4755 Veto Road, Vincent, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Mark Evan Macaulay, 38, 2414 Norris Ave., Belpre, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Robert Jonathan Huffman, 38, 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
* Jessica Antoinette-Rodell Carpenter, 39, 65 Church St., Vincent, driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Hence Keith Sesco, 44, 12006 Opie Lane, Fulks Run, Va., driving under the influence, refusing to submit to test/commercial operator’s license two counts, all misdemeanors.
* Austin Lloyd Valentino, 22, 514 Whites Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Baron Hahn, 47, 504 Whites Road, Marietta, contempt of court.
* Andrew Douglas Snihur, 30, 981 River Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jessica Marie Craig, 20, Highland Ridge Road, Lowell, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Clarice Lavonne Byers, 79, Gale Avenue, Newport, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Sheila Kay Depue, 54, 400 6th Street, Belpre, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
* Damian Wade Semon, 46, 514 Sago Avenue, Fort Myers, Fla., driving under OVI suspension, speed and possession of drugs, all misdemeanors.
* Kelly Jane Farnsworth, 31, 209 Fearing Street, Marietta, criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
* Wesley Ian Miller, 32, 12020 Waterford Road, Waterford, possession of drugs, a felony.