ATHENS — The Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Nov. 7:
* Deputies responded to a Washington Road residence in Albany referencing an active trespassing report. Deputies met with the property owners of two residences requesting a subject be removed and advised not to return. Zachary Duvall, 19, of New Plymouth, was served with a trespass complaint and asked not to return. Deputies then learned Duvall had an active Vinton County warrant for his arrest and was transported to the county line where he was turned over to the Vinton County Sheriff’s deputies.
* Andrea Kupchik, 38, of Nelsonville, turned herself in to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office for active warrants for her arrest. During the search of her person, a small baggy of methamphetamine was found. It was collected and placed into evidence to be sent to BCI for testing. Further charges will be completed when the results are returned.
* Deputies took a report of a residential break-in on High Street in Chauncey. The residence was unoccupied and has been for a couple months. Entry was forced into the residence and some items were taken. The case is currently active.
* Deputies responded to Meadowbrook Road in Albany where the caller reported her son had given her counterfeit money. She explained she had given her son $20 bills in exchange for a $100 bill, then realizing the $100 bill was fake. The caller requested the deputy to take the bill because she did not want to be in possession of it. The bill was taken for destruction.
* Deputies were dispatched to Mill Street in Chauncey regarding a residential break-in. This was the second day this residence had been entered. Some items were taken. The case is still under investigation.
* Deputies received a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on Birge Drive in Chauncey. Deputies located the vehicle, but no one was located around it. The registered owner was not able to be contacted at that time.
* Deputies were called to Locust Street in Glouster, for an overdose. The caller advised her son had called and told her that he had taken numerous amounts of prescription medication. The male was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies received a report of loud music from a Lottridge Road apartment in Guysville during late night hours. Deputies did observe faint sounds of music upon arrival and spoke with the complainant stating it had just been turned down. Deputies attempted contact with the suspect, but they would not answer the door. Deputies may issue a citation if further noise issues arise and a warrant for the suspect will be sought if they avoid service at that time.
* Deputies were dispatched to Tommy Bond Road in Coolville regarding an active dispute. It was reported an adult male at the residence was creating a disturbance. The caller advised the male suffers from several mental disorders however does not take medication. It was also advised the male was under the influence of methamphetamines, drinking beer, is armed with a knife and has attempted suicide in the past. Upon arrival, the male was taken into custody and transported to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies responded to Poston’s Carryout in Stewart for a report of counterfeit money that was passed. A report was taken, and an investigation is pending.
* Deputies were dispatched to Main Street in Millfield to assist the Adult Parole Authority. Narcotics were found in the residence and seized. The incident remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Monroe Avenue in Chauncey for a theft report. The complainant believes his roommate is stealing from him and he wished to have the incident documented. A report was taken.
* Deputies received a report of breaking and entering at a High Street residence in Chauncey. The owner had been advised by a friend that a door to their residence was standing open while they were not home. Deputies cleared the residence and found no persons inside at that time. This matter is currently under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Monroe Avenue in Chauncey referencing a theft complaint. A criminal complaint statement was taken, and this matter is under investigation.
* Deputies were contacted by a mother advising she needed assistance retrieving her child from a residence in The Plains. It was confirmed the mother and father had never been married, and the female had sole rights to the child. Deputies escorted the mother to The Plains where the child was retrieved without incident.
* Deputies were advised that a male juvenile with an active warrant was at O’Bleness Hospital and should be taken to the Juvenile Detention Center in Lancaster. Once the juvenile was medically cleared and discharged, he was placed into custody. He was then transported without incident.
* Deputies responded to a Carr Road residence in Nelsonville for a death investigation. The caller reported an elderly neighbor was unresponsive in his chair and could not be woken. EMS arrived and confirmed the man had passed away. The matter was referred to the Coroner’s Office and was turned over to a local funeral service provider at the family’s request.
* Deputies responded to Campbell Street in Coolville for a landlord/tenant dispute. The involved parties were advised it was a civil issue and how to proceed.
* Units responded to Mush Run Road in Athens for a report of a suicidal female. Deputies spoke with the female who stated that she was suicidal due to not being able to see her child. Deputies observed physical evidence on the female’s wrist caused by a knife. The female was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.