ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Oct. 31:
* Deputies responded to a report of a verbal dispute at an Ervin Road residence. Deputies spoke with the involved parties that were present and found the complainant wanted her niece to leave the residence. The niece voluntarily packed her items and departed.
* Units responded to Dixon Road in Coolville regarding a wife reporting her husband was making threats to harm himself over their relationship issues. Deputies arrived and made contact with the subject who advised he had been drinking excessively and confirmed he did make threats while intoxicated. The husband was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies responded to Strouds Run Road for a report of an abandoned vehicle on private property. The caller advised they wished to have the vehicle tagged for removal. Deputies issued a tow tag.
* Units responded to the Dollar General in The Plains for a report of an active fight. Deputies spoke with the involved parties who reported a male was following them around the parking lot and started an altercation with them. The suspect had left prior to deputies’ arrival, and both individuals did not wish to pursue criminal charges.
* Deputies responded to Crabtree Road in Albany for a report of a suicidal male asking for help. The male met with ACEMS personnel and willingly went with them to the hospital, where an evaluation was completed.
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Nov. 1:
* Deputies took a report of a vehicle vandalism on Ohio 124 in Hockingport. The vehicle’s windshield and driver-side window had been shattered and all four tires slashed. This incident reportedly occurred around 10:30 p.m. the prior evening. The case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Kroger in Trimble for a trespass complaint. Upon arrival, the subject had left. Deputies unsuccessfully attempted to serve a trespass complaint at the subject’s residence. The incident will remain open, pending contact with the involved party.
* Deputies responded to The Plains Post Office for a private property crash report. The caller stated she was parking and a vehicle backed into her. Photographs were taken, and a report was filed for insurance purposes.
* Deputies responded to North Rodehaver Road in reference to a possible active burglary. Upon arrival, the suspects had already left. A check of the residence found everything to be secure.
* Deputies responded to Mill Creek Road in Athens for a report of a vehicle obstructing the roadway. An attempt to contact the owner of the vehicle was unsuccessful. The vehicle was towed due to being a hazard.
* Deputies responded to Broadwell Street in Stewart to assist the crisis line. Deputies were advised they needed assistance in making contact with a male who had made threats to harm people. Deputies contacted and transported the subject to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies responded to Highfield Drive in Millfield for a report of an abandoned vehicle. Deputies observed the unoccupied vehicle obstructing the roadway. An attempt to make contact with the vehicle’s owner was unsuccessful and therefore towed as it was a road hazard.
* Units responded to Brimstone Road for a report of a domestic violence issue. Deputies were able to speak with both involved parties and found one subject had left the scene with his children to get away from the issue. It was found that the female subject had no rights to the home and was forced to leave. She was transported to the Nelsonville area. Probable cause for any crime that might have occurred was undetermined.
* Deputies received a report of gunshot sounds on Dowler Ridge Road. The caller requested a patrol of the area due to it being dark outside and him believing it was semi-automatic gunfire. Deputies patrolled the area but had negative contact with any additional gunfire.
* Deputies responded to Vore Ridge Road for a reported domestic dispute. On scene, neither party wished to file a criminal report, but the female stated she had a ride coming and wanted to leave for the evening.
* Deputies responded to Vore Ridge Road for a report of a theft. The complainant stated that her son’s phone was missing and when they tried to call the phone, an unknown male answered. This case remains under investigation.