MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Oct. 18:
* On Oct. 16, Deputy Brown responded to 27055 State Route 7, Dollar General, Marietta, to a suspicious person complaint. Deputy Brown met with Robert Huffman who stated he was walking around this area trying to get a ride. The staff at DG stated he had been in the store asking customers for rides, making the customers and staff nervous. Huffman was advised that the staff did not want him around the store or back in the store and he was told to leave the area. A short while later Deputy Brown was dispatched back to the DG in reference to Huffman being at the store again. Huffman acknowledged that he was told not to return, however stated he was there to buy something. Robert J. Huffman, 38, 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for criminal trespassing and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On Oct. 17, Deputy Zide was on patrol when a vehicle was observed committing a lane change violation. A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle driven by Kyle Morris. Morris advised he had ingested his Suboxone, which he has a prescription for. During the pat down, Morris admitted to having a syringe on his person that he used for drugs. A search of the vehicle revealed a small rubber container Morris admittedly used for drugs. A summons is being requested for Kyle Morris, 38, 1233 Cisler Drive, Marietta, for possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia.
* On Oct. 17, Deputy Young met with Paul Christopher, Barth Road, Belpre, reference to a breaking and entering. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Thursday and Friday:
* Cory Michael Hooper, 29, 110 Indian Run Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Thomas Eugene Malone Sr., 41, 804 Wilbur Street, Apt. 8, Parkersburg, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Michael Scott Hatch, 26, 298 Piggott Place, Munday, W.Va., breach of recognizance, a felony.
* Justin Allen Harris, 37, 2837 Reynolds Run Road, Newport, parole violation.
* Tessa Ann Blair, 27, 1656 Louisa Avenue, Apt. 2, Albany, Ohio, probation violation, a felony.
* Jessie Lea Barnett, 32, 1000 W. Broadway, Wellston, Ohio, theft, a misdemeanor.
* Chad Russell Miller, 21, homeless, contempt of court.
* Andrew Brooks Beaver, 37, 331 E. Spring Street, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Andrew Dustin Morgenstern, 20, 3220 Tick Ridge Road, Lower Salem, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Vernon Scott, 33, probation violation, a misdemeanor.