ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Oct. 18:
* Deputies responded to a complaint of multiple gunshots on Wolfe Bennett Road in Nelsonville, reportedly coming from a vehicle. No description of the vehicle was available. The area was thoroughly patrolled in an attempt to locate the involved parties; however, no one was observed in area.
* Deputies were dispatched to the Twelfth Street area of Buchtel for a 911 hang up call. Dispatch advised it sounded like a verbal dispute and the call came from a deactivated cell phone showing in the middle of the street. Deputies arrived and patrolled the area unable to locate any dispute nor a caller.
* Deputies responded to East Main Street in Jacksonville for an unsafe vehicle. The caller reported that a subject was performing repairs on a vehicle next to the roadway. The caller reported the vehicle was jacked up on one side so high, there was a fear of it rolling over into the roadway and into oncoming traffic. Deputies made contact with the male agreeing to lower the vehicle to a safer height.
* Deputies responded to a State Route 682 address for a trespass complaint. The caller advised that the subject was refusing to leave their property. Deputies spoke to the subject, agreeing to leave the residence without issue.
* Deputies responded to State Route 682 for a landlord/tenant dispute. On scene, deputies spoke with the involved parties finding no physical violence nor threats of violence had occurred. The matter was determined to be a civil issue. The parties were directed to the proper civil court channels to resolve their situation.
* Deputies responded to Fossil Rock Road for a report of an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. The caller reported that her boyfriend borrowed her truck to go to work and had not returned. The boyfriend said he was going to a friend’s house and would be back later. The caller said she would give the boyfriend a little more time but would call back if he did not return.
* Units responded to the Dollar General in Glouster for a report of an intoxicated male. Deputies arrived on scene and observed the intoxicated male. He was issued a summons for public urination and was released to a sober party.