ATHENS –Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Sept. 5:
The following are incident reports from Sept. 4:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit observed a vehicle traveling below the speed limit within the passing lane of U.S. 50. It was observed that the vehicle was impeding traffic. A traffic stop was made and while speaking with the driver, she admitted to being in possession of marijuana, police said. The driver was then tested to verify she was not currently under the influence. Upon determining the driver was valid to drive, she was released, and the marijuana seized as evidence.
* Deputies were advised of cattle in the roadway near Millfield. Deputies responded to the area and located the cattle, were able to locate the owner of the livestock and assisted them in getting the cattle secured.
* A resident of Null Road in Coolville reported his wallet was stolen from his vehicle overnight with his cards being used at a business in Washington County. An investigation is pending.
* Deputies took a report of a lost license plate at a business in The Plains. Deputies were able to take possession of the license plate and return it to the vehicle owner.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Sept. 6:
The following are incident reports for Thursday, Sept. 5:
* Deputies assisted the Athens County Children Services at a State Route 682 residence on a well-being check of a child.
* Deputies responded to an E. Third Street residence on a well-being check of a small child riding a toy in the roadway. The child was not found in the roadway upon arrival and deputies spoke to the parent of the child.
* Deputies responded to Hebbardsville Road in Athens for a report of a trespasser. Deputies went to the suspect’s residence on Fisher Road in attempt to serve him with a trespass complaint. Deputies made contact with the male who had multiple warrants out of Athens County. Robert Williams IV, 66, of Athens was arrested and transported to SEORJ without incident.
* Deputies responded to Torch to meet with Parkersburg Police for assistance with locating a subject involved in an ongoing investigation out of their agency. Contact was made with a subject at the residence. The matter is under further review by Parkersburg Police.
* A well-being check was requested on a mother and three children. Contact was made by phone since the address provided was no longer a good address. The mother stated she and her children were fine and the allegations being made are by her soon to be ex-husband. The female and her children were not in Athens County at the time and she did not provide her whereabouts other than the city she was in before disconnecting. At this time the allegations by the soon to be ex-husband have been unsubstantiated.
* Deputies responded to The Plains Library for a report of a private property crash. Deputies took a report due to the complainant’s need of a report for their insurance companies.